TA Infantry unit - Mansfield

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by hetfield, Aug 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know much about this unit? theyve got an open night this tuesday and i was thinking about making an appearance.

cheers

2. msr

msr LE

Go, and make up your own mind.

msr

3. well (sad mode on)

the mansfield company used to be D company the East of England Regiment until may 2005 when they were disbanded offically in may 2006 at bansaam. and reformed as 3rd royal anglian

D company however went to mansfield company. and recruits were still trained with 3 royal anglian up until i left. (january this year).

Generally pretty good training team. Decent NCO's however msr is perfectly right you need to go and have a look.

but remember the most important things. as you go through the main door into the drill hall take the door on the left up the stairs and the door straight in front of you or to the right (i think its more likely to the right).

very nice bar.

4. Did they win it? D Coy were always the strongest element of the EER shooting team. Yes, I agree about the bar - overnighted in there many times on the way to or from various ranges.

5. You'll be more than welcome tomorrow night. If you want I can organise a face to face with the RTT Platoon Commander - pm me

Current title is C Coy West Midlands Regiment until WMR becomes 4 Mercian in September.

We have a good core of troops, the majority of whom have served on Ops here there and everywhere. More detail about future opportunites if you ask.

6. they didnt come because they were invited to the mercian regiments bansaam and wanted to show how good they were to their new regiment.

So B coy won in style.

7. Walk there - parkings a nightmare!