TA Infantry pre-deployment

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by EnglandsPride, May 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, i'm new to this so i apologise in advance for any cock-ups ;)

On Operation Herrick 15 (Oct-April 2011/12) both 6 and 7 battalion the rifles will be deploying, as it's two TA battalions does this mean there role in Afghan will be force protection? does this also change there pre-deployment training (ie will they train together) ?

Thanks for any replies :)

2. Don't know but I would strongly recommend you remove your email address from your publicly viewable information. Cider me up Landlord! :)

3. "I would strongly recommend that you remove your email address from your publicly viewable information" - Why's that?

4. Don't no where uve got this info, but 6th is fully booked up for 14 already, and no u dont do force protection tours any more straight into the a reg Rifle battalion as a IR, Has been that way for 6/7 for some time now, PM me if u want to ask more

5. PERSEC

6. Not sure how i remove my email address :s

7. [/quote] Don't no where uve got this info, but 6th is fully booked up for 14 already, and no u dont do force protection tours any more straight into the a reg Rifle battalion as a IR, Has been that way for 6/7 for some time now, PM me if u want to ask more[/quote]

Thanks, I've sent you a PM.

8. 6 & 7 Rifles are providing bods as IRs to both 2 & 5 Rifles on H15. Just as they supplied 2 Rifles on H10 and 3 Rifles on H11. They will mobilised in time to start the PDT with their receiving battalion.

9. 6 & 7 Rifles are providing bods as IRs to both 2 & 5 Rifles on H15. Just as they supplied 2 Rifles on H10 and 3 Rifles on H11. They will mobilised in time to start the PDT with their receiving battalion.[/quote]

Cheers. IRs? When you say they'll be mobilised in time for PDT when do you mean? i thought PDT was run for 3 months prior to deployment (with 1 month pre-deployment leave).

Sorry if i'm getting it all wrong, i'm knew to it all.

10. 6 SCOTS are asking for blokes on FTRS ArmyNet. Which Bn are they going to, and what job are they doing in Afg?

PM if req OPSEC, looking at gettin back out there and after abit of info.

Cheers

11. Thank you for posting that!, I've been checking the RAOL for ages with no luck, 'till now.

I shall certainly be inquring about that.

12. Can someone let me know if i've got this right. If i got the chance to deploy on H15 i would do 3 months strait PDT with a reg batt, then i would have 1 months Pre-deployment leave and then 6 months deployment (with 2 weeks R&R)?

Cheers

13. Hed, just wait til June next year ;)

14. Thats about right, just dont bank on the pre deployment leave, and be prepared to jump through a few hoops before mobilisation. the days of sending just anyone are at an end, we have to be able to stand sholder to sholder with our regular comrades.
    And dont forget your 2 months post deployment leave.