TA Infantry Coy in Coventry or close to Stratford on Avon?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by steve3883, Jan 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know if there is an Inf Unit near to Coventry or Stratford on Avon? I have used the Search function and Google but haven't found anything, only Signals and REME, also Inf Units around B'ham.

I had read somewhere that there was an Inf Unit in Coventry but can't think where!

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve

2. A-coy 4 Mercian is in sheldon in Birmingham.

3. Aren't there fusileers somewhere about, part of the Mercians? Is that the B'ham lot?

http://www2.army.mod.uk/wmregt/where_are_we/index.htm

Sadly the army website is rubbish for searching for your local TA these days. And the West Midlands RFCA doesn't seem to have it's own website.

4. 5RRF used to be in Cov before becoming West Mids Regt then 4 Mercian. Nearest now is in Brum (A Coy 4 Mercian).

Keep your eyes open though, as rumours suggest that some TA Royal Signals units may re-badge as infantry following the TA review currently in progress.

5. Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated.

From what you have said and from what I can see from searches on the internet, the TA Inf no longer exists in Coventry.

I am currently in France but hoping to return sometime within the next 12 months, my wife and I were planning to move to Dorset and so I have already enquired about the possibility of joining 6 Rifles. However, due to house prices down South and finding work, it looks like we'll be returing to Stratford upon Avon.

There is a local TA Centre in Stratford but they are Royal Signals, not really for me, I would rather go back to Infantry.

Looks like it could be RRF Company in Sheldon then.

Thanks again for the help.

Steve

6. If you are willing to travel to eith Leicester or Northampton there is 3 R Anglian 40 mins up the road from leicester