TA in the USofA?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by wg100, May 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi,

    I'm potentially going to be in the US for a 22 week period next year. Is there a way of arranging training with the local National Guard unit out there to keep myself busy whilst I'm over there? Is there anything official which provides for this or would I be better off looking informally?


  2. Be careful. You don't want to end up in Baghdad for a year!
  3. Yes, you can be attached to an ARNG unit. Speak to your Adj.
  4. Have you ever watched the film Southern Comfort,if not i suggest you do before you go on any Ex's with the National Guard !
  5. Surely something more along the lines of Brokeback Mountain would be more appropriate?