TA in the Times

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Nov 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Back to training, not sending officers/SNCO's means that we are not capturing a decent lessons learned. Maybe it would be an idea to also send a PSI, who will be able to act as an interface between the TA and regulars. They could also be backed up more senior TA members ensuring a valid 'lessons learned' comes back to units.

Maybe it does but I've not seen anything where we are training people incorrectly or where we are suceeding, which is wrong as I in theory could be setting the training

2. msr

msr LE

No, it means that the Regular Army has no need for their services in exactly the way Pat Pearson has described.

msr

3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

We had PSIs on TELIC 2, and bloody good they were too. Mine was particularly fine, and explained the facts of TA life to many Regs, both Offr and (mainly) SNCO. He was absolutley necessary, but AFAIK there haven't been any PSIs deployed since. He only did six weeks, but it was enough (and he got his Medal!).

4. We had one on telic 3 was very good even though he hated the ta (went absloultely beserk after we convinced a guilable
    pte to ask how long he was on ftrs for :lol: )definatly needed in ops room at times .