• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

TA in Oxford?

Minnie_The_Minx said:
Hi All

Can anyone tell me anything about the TA in Oxford? I remember where it was but its dissapeared, and no one can tell where it's gone. Surely it's not been closed down?
A Coy 7 Rifles is now in a brand new TA centre next door to Dalton Barracks in Abingdon,moved there from Oxford about a year ago,there's also a Royal Army Medical Corp unit in the same building.

If you go up to Abingdon on a Tuesday night from 1930-2130 and go to the recruit reception you will speak to a very nice sgt major and he will give you all the gen about recruit training and what is involved.I think the Med Corp unit is also on the same night.

Minnie_The_Minx said:
birduk said:
If there is space- you will be a chef, clerk or medic (or occasionally driver).
chef - god no. unless you guys are fed by microwave meals alone?
clerk - as above
medic - sounds promising
driver - swap my poorly fiesta for a big lorry Mmmm!! lmao
I wouldnt worry to much its only the TA,we are all crap :D

Minnie_The_Minx said:
Tom9748 said:
If you go up to Abingdon on a Tuesday night from 1930-2130 and go to the recruit reception you will speak to a very nice sgt major and he will give you all the gen about recruit training and what is involved.I think the Med Corp unit is also on the same night.
Thnx Tom for that, but I smell a wind up. A sgt major isn't supposed to talk nicely to me , is he? Or does that change when I join?

Sounds like my Uni lecturers, all softly-softly until you're in your second semester.

Minnie x
Would you put a nasty screaming sgt major in recruit reception,he is the first person in uniform potential recruits meet? I think not.I work with recruit platoon in A Company and the sgt major there is a top bloke.

If you want the 202 Field Hospital squadron...

Chevasse Wing, Edward Brooks Barracks, Cholswell Road, Shippon, Abingdon, Oxon. OX13 6HW.

Tel: 01235 548021

We meet same times as the Rifles. 1930 start on Tuesdays

Latest Threads