TA in Bosnia

D

desertfox

Gents New on here , I guess this should be a walting thread .. dont do the net much but I have a sneaking feeling a friend of mine is being taken in... Were any Ruperts from the Royal Wessex regt attached to any units that served in Bosnia .. somebody should know as a TA ted would have been memorable ...

He claims he has PTSD and receives support for this "in Aldershot" CMH has been derelict for years ...

I have little to go on at the moment but this is a start .. something doesn't smell right... might be a case of reflected glory ,, he has talked to regular officers who were there kind of thing ...

Help . opinions and the usual bullshit answers please , but if this guy is taking the piss I will fix bayonets and go for him..

There were several/many TA bods in Bosnia as individual augmentees.

Wiki has it that CMH closed in 1996. Entirely possible that your man was treated in CMH at the time, but obviously not in the last 20 years.

Can't comment on the specific regiment.

It was The Wessex Regiment, not royal. After options for change some transferred to other regiments (I went to the RGJ), and I know one for sure who went there. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if some went from when we were Wessex.

ACAB

LE
OH FFS forget it ... Now I remember why I dont bother with the web,
******* behave.

We've had tosspots on her trying to out genuine WW2 SAS personell. If you're that aggrieved take it to the WalterMitty Hunt on Facebook.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Read the Fing post .. potential walt ... I could be wrong ... if I am then great he is a bona fide guy who , being TA no less has operational experience .. great .. If he isnt then I want to find out more ... no more than I would expect anyone to do on me if they had doubts ... thought this was the place ... obviously I am mistaken ... I will do it the old fashioned way and when I get home from the shite hole I am in at the moment I will meet this goon and see if he is real. something doesn't smell right . cap badge , rough time scale .. TA ... not right .. my problem .. cheers for the insight shan't bother anymore as you all seem to be a little up yourselves .
Just bloody ask him face to face then......If he lobs a fridge on your swede then you will soon know he's gen

Read the Fing post .. potential walt ... I could be wrong ... if I am then great he is a bona fide guy who , being TA no less has operational experience .. great .. If he isnt then I want to find out more ... no more than I would expect anyone to do on me if they had doubts ... thought this was the place ... obviously I am mistaken ... I will do it the old fashioned way and when I get home from the shite hole I am in at the moment I will meet this goon and see if he is real. something doesn't smell right . cap badge , rough time scale .. TA ... not right .. my problem .. cheers for the insight shan't bother anymore as you all seem to be a little up yourselves .
That sounds awfully angry. What's a fing?

Oooooooohh. Aren't you a bit precious. This "Fing" though..do you have a pixelated speech impediment?

OH FFS forget it ... Now I remember why I dont bother with the web,
Jebus, Mary and Joseph. You have the breaking strain of a wet Rich Tea carrying a mule pack in a gale.

Oooooooohh. Aren't you a bit precious. This "Fing" though..do you have a pixelated speech impediment?
Arrsepedia has it down as 'a reverse dutch steamboat performed with a vegetable in the other'. Well technically it doesn't but might do if I can be arrsed.

Latest Threads