TA from the regs.

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Bennyd89, Feb 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Evening all, just a quick one. I've opted to leave the regulars (reme) after 18 months to join the fire service. And im looking for some fun at the weekends, so I am considering 4 para. Does anyone have any idea at which point of training I would be put into since Ive already completed basic? Cheers, Ben.
  2. #1,why don't you ask 4 PARA?
    #2,18 months in REME you should be able to pick up and use a phone by yourself,they have electrical and mechanical bits you should be familiar with but if you've only completed basic in REME then maybe not,you might need a signaller to tell you how to do it.
    #3,are you seriously suggesting the Fire Service is going to give you weekends off to have fun and play soldiers?
    I hope you're not supposed to be on watch next time my chip pan goes up!
  3. 1/ Ive called a CSgt at HQ but he does not know and told me to contact the training Major.
    2/ Sent an email to the Major but have not had a reply.
    3/ I thought the friendly people on this forum may have come across this type of quiery before. Shame on me for logging onto this site to ask a question. Shame on me.
  4. The_Duke

    The_Duke LE Moderator

    As you have a REME background, but no CIC qualification, you should expect to join the recruit cadre. You would probably not benefit from the early weekends (basic military skills) but need to pass CIC in order to serve in an infantry unit.

    The recruit cadre will also give you the progressive fitness build up you will need for P Coy.

    The TM position is currently gapped, so do not expect a response from him any time soon.

    PM me if you have any further questions (as per Msr's suggestion in the Subject Matter Expert sticky shown above)