TA from the regs

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Third19Time91Lucky, Jan 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Discharged from the regulars last week unfortunately, how ever I am all set ( hopefully ) for the TA. Have a final meeting with the staff dealing with it all on Tueaday night next week. My questions could probably be answered by the staff at the centre how ever I wanted to post here as I was told this site would be a good source of information from various members of the services, and who ever else.
    So anyway, do the TA get issued ID cards or don't they need them? And also, do they get issued MTP? As when I was on camp, the TA was cutting about in DPM and my personal opinion is that I'm not find of it and would like to have good old MTPs ...

Dont want any arrogant replies off anybody, just straight up answers. Would be appreciated .. Thanks..

2. be prepared for a lot of arrogance from anyone with a few stripes, there is a bit of an ego to be had in my experience

3. Yeah mate. I expect it from a few of the full scews, but just wanted some answers really, don't know much about how the TA work as regards to kit issue and deployment ...

4. If you aren't already then get used to the taste pasties from Greggs, shit stories, and hanging around with the socially retarded.

If you set your expectations really, really, REALLY low, and prepare yourself for sizes of Uniform that could swaddle a class of small children - you might just settle in. Chances are however you'll find Saturday night X Factor with the bint followed by Asphxy-Wanks significantly more entertaining.

5. Allright sound. Glad MTP is getting issued to TA units. Thanks mate from the info!! Stay safe

6. Well, I don't know what expect. Had a little walk around my local TA centre, pints r a quid which seems good enough. Veterans cutting about in the SGTs mess. And a few civvis who seemed a little off.

7. i quit due to being fed up surrounded by twats.

i had to show a full corpral vm how to take a wheel of a landrover that was a bit stuck, she didnt know about hitting it ffs, also, there pt is pretty shit so coming from the regs you will proberbly end up a pti

8. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

not preston front then

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hang on, you were chucked out of the Army, are only interested in the uniform and seem to have an abnormal interest in getting an ID card as well as having seemingly zero knowledge of the TA...

..how long were you actually in the Army for? Did you even get out of Phase 1 training?

• Like Like x 4
  10. I went from Regs to TA to ACF as the ringpieces were tighter.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Hang on? Wait a minute? Who said I was "chucked out the army?" I'm sure I didn't say I was thrown out of the army because I wasn't mate...

12. I'm sure it won't take you long to "adjust" them

• Like Like x 1