TA from the regs

Discharged from the regulars last week unfortunately, how ever I am all set ( hopefully ) for the TA. Have a final meeting with the staff dealing with it all on Tueaday night next week. My questions could probably be answered by the staff at the centre how ever I wanted to post here as I was told this site would be a good source of information from various members of the services, and who ever else.
So anyway, do the TA get issued ID cards or don't they need them? And also, do they get issued MTP? As when I was on camp, the TA was cutting about in DPM and my personal opinion is that I'm not find of it and would like to have good old MTPs ...

Dont want any arrogant replies off anybody, just straight up answers. Would be appreciated .. Thanks..

be prepared for a lot of arrogance from anyone with a few stripes, there is a bit of an ego to be had in my experience

If you aren't already then get used to the taste pasties from Greggs, shit stories, and hanging around with the socially retarded.

If you set your expectations really, really, REALLY low, and prepare yourself for sizes of Uniform that could swaddle a class of small children - you might just settle in. Chances are however you'll find Saturday night X Factor with the bint followed by Asphxy-Wanks significantly more entertaining.

Well, I don't know what expect. Had a little walk around my local TA centre, pints r a quid which seems good enough. Veterans cutting about in the SGTs mess. And a few civvis who seemed a little off.

i quit due to being fed up surrounded by twats.

i had to show a full corpral vm how to take a wheel of a landrover that was a bit stuck, she didnt know about hitting it ffs, also, there pt is pretty shit so coming from the regs you will proberbly end up a pti

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
not preston front then

Hang on, you were chucked out of the Army, are only interested in the uniform and seem to have an abnormal interest in getting an ID card as well as having seemingly zero knowledge of the TA...

..how long were you actually in the Army for? Did you even get out of Phase 1 training?

P

Prefect

You will eventually get the same uniform as the regular army but are probably going to be lower down the prority list unless you are about to go anywhere.

You will meet racing snakes and Bunters in equal numbers. You will find that fitness is your own responsibility on the whole as the TA woudl rather pay you to practice section attacks than jog about in shorts.

You will meet good ex regulars and you will meet knacker ex regulars and you will meet good TA soldiers and you will meet knacker TA soldiers.

Depending on the role you will likely meet TA soldiers that are generally better educated than their regular counterparts but who just want to soldier.

You will meet hardcore, intermittent and pretty much non attenders

You will learn to understand that sometimes real jobs come first and this does not make all STABs hobbyists who don't take it seriously

You will meet arrogant ex regulars and you will meet arrogant TA soldiers. They may have a couple of stripes but rarely more than that because they should have been spotted by the time they try to become SNCOs

You will get some cheap looking plastic gun to troll about with as even the TA have lost their Sexy Legendary Rifles.

You will enjoy it

P

Prefect

i quit due to being fed up surrounded by twats.

i had to show a full corpral vm how to take a wheel of a landrover that was a bit stuck, she didnt know about hitting it ffs, also, there pt is pretty shit so coming from the regs you will proberbly end up a pti
I had to show a regular signaller how to put up an 8m mast. It doesn't make all regulars thick. Just 95% of them.

You will eventually get the same uniform as the regular army but are probably going to be lower down the prority list because the TA are a bit pointless.

You will meet pie munchers and Bunters in equal numbers. You will find that fitness is not important on the whole as the TA woudl rather pay you to go on the piss than jog about in shorts.

You will meet good ex regulars and you will meet knacker STABs and you will meet shite TA soldiers and you will meet knacker TA soldiers.

Depending on the role you will likely meet TA soldiers that are generally shitter than their regular counterparts but who just want to rod training off and go on the piss.

You will meet hardcore wage thieves and pretty much non attenders

You will learn to understand that sometimes signing on comes first and this makes all STABs hobbyists who don't take it seriously

You may be fortunate enough to meet some ex regulars and you will meet arrogant TA soldiers. They may have a couple of stripes but rarely more than that because they should have been spotted by the time they try to become SNCOs

You will get some cheap looking plastic gun to troll about with as even the TA have lost their Sexy Legendary Rifles.

You will enjoy it as long as you are a piabetic wage thief who was turned away from the Regulars in the first place.
Fixed it for you. ;) (Safety wink)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Juniors 6
msr Army Reserve 22
PartTimePongo Army Reserve 55