TA fitness...

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by jason123, Mar 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, I'm currently in the process of applying to the TA, via direct entry officer route.

I've been working on my fitness and I'm heavily involved in sport, however I have been told that officer fitness standards are exceptionally hifgher than those for soldier, like the 2.4 km run must be completed faster etc.

Can anyone shed any light on this subject and maybe give me a link or something that can give me the details of the fitness tests I'll be taking?

Sorry if this question has already been asked, I did try searching but could'nt find anything.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

Jason.

2. A DE!!!!!

Crikey moses...rocking horse pooh. Where did you come from?

FAB

Run time - the same, don't be fooled. Rubber Hammer anyone?

Someone I'm sure will give you the link to the standards but as soldier selection is a shambles anyway, the Officer standards aren't likely to be much better swept up!

Been to AOSB yet?

3. Quick, grab him! Have you thought about infantry yet... :soldier:

The standards are exactly the same, although you will be told throughout all your training that you need to be better than 'your men'. Reason being, is that you will have to do all that they do, then you have to go and write the plan....

Be as fit as you can and good luck fella! Get yourself on Briefing ASAP.

4. msr

msr LE