TA Fitness standards

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Gemmaammeg, Apr 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I am looking to maybe join the TA. I am currently not fit enough to pass the fitness requirements at the moment. I am currently trying to get to the required fitness level. Do I need to pass the fitness test/medical etc before I can start attending the drills nights??

Any help would be great :)

Gemma

2. Gemma, just how fat are you? An asthmatic ant can pass the TA fitness requirements.

Can you post a photo of yourself. Preferably clothed, thanks x

3. It's sort of all those who can stand pop to the QM's and grab a uniform (extra large) ^~

4. Info , T A fitness levels are as high as regs , at level #1, levels 3 it is youre dead anti ! Run & train till you drop , get up and carry on !! ( 25 years service )

5. Does that come in some sort of English ^~

• Like Like x 1
  6. 4 Ginsters in 30 seconds.

On your marks, get set, GO!

Sorry.

7. Very true. But there's just less ethos in the TA on passing them.

8. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Your weekly attendance at your unit is dictated by the Recruit Training Team. My sub-unit encourages Potential recruits to come in on Drill Nights in order that that we can help them along with their application process, but also to sustain their motivation. In order to do this however, your RTT needs to be sufficiently manned and resourced to take care of the PRs. If there is just the lone NCO at your location, then this may not be an option. Ask your recruit NCO as to what you can do. They will know your situation and what you need to do to pass selection as well whether they are in a position to further assist you on Drill Nights.

Edited to add, I've just seen your second post. Have you actually completed your application and medical yet? Your recruit staff will explain about the policy on asthma.

9. Is this the biggest piss take we've had this weekend?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks RP578 :)

11. Get yourself fitter and start your application when you know you're well on the route to not passing your selection but passing it easily.

Nothing stopping you popping along to your local centre and have a chat with the staff there.

What unit you aiming for?

Good luck!

ps. As PA suggests; Photos will help in the assessment :)

12. I'll drill you all night, every night, if you want Gemma?

13. Here

Took all of about 5 seconds on google ^~

14. I did just actually shout at the screen "It's got a BMI OF 31 you saddo".