TA fitness levels wiki page

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Feb 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Many thanks to StabTiffy2B for getting this page on fitness levels/advice for potential recuits under way.

Please can I ask you all to have a look at this page and modify it accordingly.

A special request goes out to unit PTIs to add the fitness requirements for female recruits.

If anyone is having dramas creating a wiki account (to edit the page), please drop myself or Abacus a PM.

If anyone else has any ideas for additional wiki pages, crack on (or PM me if you need advice on creating a new one)- there does seem to be a number of questions which get asked on a regular basis in the forum and rather than go round and round, the plan would be for people to be pointed to the relevant wiki page.

Cheers,
    msr

2. Sorry to criticise already but its wrong the requirements for a green for a male are 44 press ups in two minutes and 50 sit ups, 22 press ups (IIRC) for women and 50 sit ups.

wnb

3. msr

msr LE

WNB,

Don't whinge, create a wiki account and put it right, That's the point of the wiki - it gets refined by each user until it is perfect...

msr

4. edit it then wnb - it is really easy - click on the edit tab and away you go :D

5. yeah as above 21 press ups in two minutes for women tho.

can someone edit the arrsepedia entry as i havent got an account cheers

6. msr

msr LE

No, you go and create one.

Follow this link: http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

In the top right hand corner, click on 'create an account or login'

Just put in your username and put in your password, then put it in again under re-type your password and you have created an account.

You lazy little urchin :roll:

msr

7. :roll:

You need:

1x username <10 letters - wnb sounds good to me
    1x password

really, really not difficult - bloody kids today, I don't know, when I was a boy, grumble, mutter.......

8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Done but formatting could be improved if anyone's got a minute.

Edit: Added times for the old knackers too :D

9. msr

msr LE

SFD,

You know what to do ;)

And if you don't, you know what the response will be :D

msr

10. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Right, I've tidied it up a bit and done some fairly minor tweaking. Should look a bit better now ;)

Times and requirments correct to the best of my knowledge.

11. msr

msr LE

12. What makes you think im a youngster...... OH yes my stunning virile handsome goodlooks :wink: Abacus how many rooms did a computer sorry "thinking machine" take up when you were a boy??? :D

As for this comment MSR:
    The "yoof of today" as you so eloquently put it are not all IT literate in fact often the opposite, however in my case i was too busy having a quick one of the wrist whilst watching "Dutch sex dwarves go wild Vol:3" to create an arrsepedia account.

regards wnb

13. Sorry guys didn't mean it to sound like a whinge its a good idea as is the whole recruiting sub-forum and recruiting ideas/ resources stuff. Anyway me idle no im just a tax dodging student!!

WNB

14. msr

msr LE

Can I borrow your Manic Munchkins DVD when you're done with it ;)

msr

15. [​IMG]

msr: Look Abs, it's that young whippersnapper whitenoisebabies....

abs: Shush msr, I'm trying to get the archers on the wireless. whitenoisewho?

msr: whitenoisebabies, he's one of them TA whatchamacallits, you know, a thingummy....

abs: you mean a youngster?

msr: that's the badger.

abs: oh good, I wondered when we would get one of those. Twos up on that ciggy by the way...