TA EOD Operators

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by BoringUsername1, Oct 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. How long does it take to get trade trained and what is involved and what do they do on ops?

    Do they recruit for the REST role at all?
  2. To add, I see they do recruit into that role, what other roles to they recruit into and how long does the trade training take for each.

    (I'm interested in the sharp end of their job)
  3. Their is no such thing as a "sharp end" TA EOD operator! It takes long enough to train a Regular to carryout this job (years). I'm afraid your weekends and summer camps would not suffice!
  4. It is extremly brave, but your title was EOD Operator, she is a Engineer Searcher. The title EOD refers to Disposing of the found IED not finding it!
  5. Wrong. 101 had TA EOD operators until quite recently, although I've heard through the grapevine that the whole regiment is now regular. Edited to add Im sure someone more in the know and not just making shit up will be along shortly.
  6. ok, I appologise if I fell victim to a namespace collision.

    What, EOD jobs are their in the TA and how long does trade training take?
  7. Hence why I asked about the REST role and then corrected myself.
  8. Personally I think the Search Teams are more 'sharp-end' and (iirc) that's a TA role which is available
  9. Ok, I'll rephrase.

    The TA can join the RE as an EOD Operator but they cannot join the RLC as an AT building upto High Threat/AMT.
  10. WhatAmIdoing, fair play, but you would be upset if you called for a EOD Operator in Th and a Soldiers with a mine detector turned up!
  11. Heres a thought

    Instead of showing how Very Clever you all are, why not actually try to help the bloke?

    Just a thought.
  12. Sixty

    Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

    PM this chap who, if he can't help, will point you in the right direction.
  13. Here is another thought, getting to the point of his question IS helping out as he was confused between EOD and REST!

    WAID - There are a number of difference between RLC and RE EOD Operators and it is a bit political so I'm chosing not to go there! PM me if you want.
  14. It's not a link to MSR so that he can tell WAID to ask his PSI is it?