TA Environmental Health Technician - Advice


I'm after some advice and information please!

I've recently left the Royal Naval Reserve as an officer (previously a rating) for various good reasons. In my day job I work in environmental health and am being sponsored to complete the degree (about 75% through it).

I'd liked to have done environmental health with the RNR, but they don't have any such opportunities. I'm therefore thinking of jumping ship and going green!

I've been told I'd have to join as a Environmental Health Technician and then apply for a commission once qualified. At the moment, I don't really know what the role of an EHT involves.

I'd be joining the national pool rather than a field hospital.

So, any chance of some information on the role please? Would I be better off waiting till I qualify?

You need to talk to 2 Med Bde who own the TA EH cadre. Call 01904 442615 and you'll get through to the desk officer who deals with both EH Technicians and EHOs.

Similar threads

Latest Threads