TA & Employers. Again.

I had the chance to go on Herrick this year. My employer, the NHS wouldn't allow me the time off. As it happens 2 weeks after deployment i got made redundant.... No job, lost company car, ended up in real s**t street.

Unfortunately my TAC is miles away and after 4 months unemployment and no way to devote time to the TA i've got a new job. Been training hard... i've had the time, looking forward to going away with my unit again.

Told my new employer that i needed 2 weeks off in September in the interview, confirmed it. Got the job and made the mistake of telling them the 2 weeks were for the TA, quickly got the response - "Well by that time you haven't accumulated enough holiday so we can only let you have 1 week off".

I've only been in the TA for 18 months with 3 employers in that time. All of which seem to be with such anti TA policies.

Can I expect this to be the norm for employers? Seriously?

Won't they let you have one week unpaid leave instead of holiday?

DjDangle said:
I've only been in the TA for 18 months with 3 employers in that time. All of which seem to be with such anti TA policies.

Can I expect this to be the norm for employers? Seriously?
Hardly anti-TA, just people trying to run a business without their staff disappearing for reasons that do not benefit them.

Family -> Job -> TA.

Simple.