Ta Drving Test

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by james3469, Feb 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Does anyone know if you can do a driving test with the TA

Thanks

James

2. msr

msr LE

Yes you can

Ask your PSI/MTWO for more details.

msr

3. hi

who is the psi or mtwo?

Thanks

4. msr

msr LE

Are you in the TA already? And if so, what stage are you at with your training?

msr

5. The simple answer is that you can, but the reality will depend on the unit you join, and your role within said unit.

I think the RLC are going to steadily get away from taking on recruits without a B licence, as it simply adds so much more time to their training before they become emplyable as anything other than guards or GD.

C and C+E licence acquisition is two weeks, DROPS is a week and HAZMAT another week.

B+E licences have become the showstopper with regards to new recruits, as those without grandfather rights join up. Virtually all landrovers deploy with a trailer, and those who can't drive them stag on at the other end.

6. I have just joined 243 filed hospital, only been in for a month or so,

Where would i go about asking about driving tests, which test is the most basic one for medics??

thanks

7. msr

msr LE

The first thing to do is to complete your basic training - show the TA you are committed and then ask about driving courses.

msr

8. So, are you in the TA or not. Enlighten me, I'm confused (or you are!). Also, which unit is it - 243 or 234 Fd Hosp?

9. Usually they ask you to be traded up first, then perhaps a few Full Bounty Years befopre consideration. (Unless you have joined specifically as a driver)

Saying that the TA always needs drivers but the course has been abused so don't take offence if they ask you to put in a bit of time first. Too many people joining up, getting their license and then jacking it in. It is an expensive course they need to make sure you are worthy of the place.

Fantastic intensive course though.

Paddy

10. I managed to get my B+E licence through the TA .
    I am in a signals unit and it is part of our trade ,It took a few years to happen though.
    You have to keep nagging on to the MTO about it and also show commitment to the TA.....

11. im in 243 field hospital

yeh i understand people might take the piss with the tests.

i will give it a year or so then sort it out.