TA Discharge Certificate

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Smiler_1985, Sep 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, wasnt sure where was best to put this one but hey. Currently applying to the RN but I used to be in the TA. When I left I never recieved a discharge certificate, only my certificate of service. My recruiter needs said Discharge Certificate apparently to process my application further. To show I wasnt ejected from the TA by a size 9 boot up the arrse I suspect :)

Wrote to APC in Glasgow today requesting the Discharge Cert and I was wondering if anyone knows how long they usually take to handle this sort of request..

Thanks in advance for any imput :)

2. Hi - It took just over 3 weeks when I had to get mine recently.

3. This might sound a bit obvious, but i don't mean to take the urine. Have you checked that your cert isn't also your discharge as well? I'm long out of date but form 108 was what it used to be. With minor versions of it such as 108d being just a folded piece of A4 having the discharge on the back.

4. Apparently not, or at least thats what the Navy lot say anyhow. Pain in the Arrse this application is becoming.

5. That is the Andrew for you!

6. Hows it going smiler, got my date 4 1/2 months ago fella, you probably should have stuck with mate.