TA CR forms

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Mar 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. Just make sure they are printed out on the correct shade of green paper!
  3. At what point do we get our first CR? What about mid years?
  4. Apparently all juniors in your old unit will be getting them this year. Previously it was only Cpl and above that got a formal CR.

Don't know if that is a new TA reg or a unit specific initiative though.
  5. Out of interest, what is deemed as a regular attender ? Someone who does 28+ days ?

I take it you need to be one to get promoted ?

Also does the min req change with higher rank, I heard somewhere that Officers need to do 50 or so days. is that true ?
  6. ~Regular attender ? That'll be 5 weekends a camp and all the piss ups then :pissedoff:
  7. Good question, well presented etc etc...
    You'd expect higher attendance from higher ranks and, personally, I reckon 50 for an officer is about right (perhaps fewer from a subaltern and more from an OC?). How that ties in with the forthcoming 32 day year I'm not quite sure.... it certainly makes a mid-year review laughable - even if you spread your days you've only done the civvy equivalent of three working weeks between appraisals!! :meditate:
  8. More than that. Probably nearer 70 to 80 days for SNCOs/Officers in key jobs within TA Gp.A units.

Think about it; 15 days for annual camp, 40 training nights at 0.25 days, and 15 to 20 weekends a year at 2.5 days each, gives you between 62 and 75 days.

Add on the occasional CO's conference, exercise recce, or course, and I remember why I averaged 75 MTDs a year for nearly twenty years...
  9. [Nitpicking mode]
    Is there no definitive answer written down as to how many days makes a regular attender or is it just down to the crayon wielding subbie writing your CR?
    [/Nitpicking mode]