TA Commissioning

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by IntellectualThug, Apr 25, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good evening all,

I've been in the TA (Inf regt, then cav) for four glorious (feel the sarcasm!) years now. I have recently been nominated for a TA commission and have got a dry run known as the TA Briefing - which precedes the TA Commssions Board and then Sandhurst - at RCB Westbury in the not too distant future.

Whilst I have been informed about what will be contained in my two days at RCB Westbury - e.g. PLANEX, Mental Aptitude Test, Cmd tasks, discussions etc - I would greatly appreciate any input from fellow ARRSE-ers as to their own experiences.

Look forward to your comments (including jibes at my being a wanna-be Rupert!!). :)

2. send a SELF ADDRESSED Envelope Dettigen Coy, Old College Sandhurst, camberley and you'll receive your commision in the post!

3. I did TCB in November and my advice is try your hardest at everything, don't let anything daunt you and relax, have fun and enjoy it, as it is thoroughly enjoyable.

Oh, and dont be a knob:D

Iain

4. Tun

Tun

do u lot really think that ure in the army becase u pretend on the weekend for a few hours silly weekend warriors piss off

5. no, did we say that we did?

6. Tun

Tun

whot micky mouse reg do u belong to

7. c'mon, own up, who let the nob in?

8. Tun,

Quick test for you:

spell GCSE

9. Sorry can’t reveal details of the S.F. unit that I belong to.... Ok I lie, and I can only aspire to one day be allowed to join a Mickey Mouse unit! I was only commenting because it seemed to be a bit of a random sweeping statement, sorry if that offends deeply, and allow me to grovel for forgiveness...

10. Weren't you asking someone what coy at Harrogate they are in in another thread? Therefore I presume you are a boy soldier....stick to the OTC and Cadets thread mate.