TA commissioning course

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by vanners, Mar 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm after some advice...

I've just passed TAMB and I'm hoping to go to Sandhurst for the TA commissioning course in May - just to give me time to prepare, what should I expect? Any details on what the course covers would help to - PM me if it will cause the downfall of the civilised world by replying to this thread...

Thanks

V

2. vanners, what other training have you done? Module/MTQ 2? MTQ3?

3. Abacus,

I have completed MTQ2 and I'm due to do module 3 later this month

V

4. Found our Module 2 "exchange" in another thread. Also found your comments on the BPFA thread. Module 3 is the best indicator of what to expect at the TACC (or Module 4 as it is also called). You need to be FIT!!! and you need to have a solid understanding of the 7Questions Combat Estimate. But most importantly - and something which RMAS comment on again and again, you need to understand what Officership is all about and why you want to be an Officer.

Is it the 51 Bde Mod 3 you are doing or the 143 Bde one?

5. I'm on the 143 Bde mod 3. I've heard some positive stuff about it from other people so I'm looking forward to it, although opinion is divided over whether its a learning course or a nine-day beasting!
    I think your point about understanding officership is a good one: it's probably why they've issued all the TAPOs/DEPOs with copies of Serve to Lead.
    Apart from the obvious fitness and 7 questions elements, is there anything specific you can recommend preparing for?

V

6. Stick with the fitness:

Other than that, I'm afraid there is no single answer to what you should prepare for, however, the team delivering 143's Mod 3 are good instructors - they should debrief you on specific areas of weakness during and at the end of the module. Work on those and you will be fine.

Oh, and don't forget about fitness :D

7. Thanks Abacus.

Do you think I ought to work on fitness?

:wink: