TA Commando Training

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Woodsey, Nov 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking at 131 Ind. Cdo. Sqn. and was curious as to how long the training takes and how you complete the all arms course part time? So, if I applied and got in, how long from day one is it until pass out and then how long before you can go on tour?
  2. Is this deja vu?

You posted on a similar vein yesterday and got answers. It would appear that you have asked the same question on other forums including PRMRC relating to a slipped disc and been 31, albeit that was 16 months ago......................Have you neither taken notice of peoples valuable input (mine included) nor bothered to contact the Squadron in the meantime?

3. Nah, I got ocd - I cross reference to death
  4. X59

X59 LE

Time waster.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. So why not just ring your nearest unit, you've had 16 months to find their number!

They would obviously furnish you with all the necessary. I could do also having a younger brother serving with same but frankly can no longer be arrsed!
  6. Didn't mean to offend ya, just like to know the ins and outs, guess I'm pretty anxious with having to wait so ask a lot of questions in the mean time.

I been to Kingsbury, didn't get much info, they seemed busy when I went. When you join the Royal Marines, you get loads of info, I can't find much on 131, like freemasons!
  7. Anyway, will stop asking you guys, thanks for all the advice you've given so far ;-)
  8. I concur
  9. OCD is a medical condition which will prevent you from joining the armed forces.

10. You didn't have to answer chap, appreciate what you've given me though. Sorry I hurt ya feelings.
  11. Turn of phrase
  12. 32 years old, suffering with OCD I would say your chances of becoming the next CiC Land Forces are greater!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Where do I sign? lol
  14. X59

X59 LE

131 are a good Squadron.

You should go RMR.
  15. I may be wrong but fear that RMR recruit up to 31 (unless ex-military). At 32 and no previous experience (other than two failed attempts at RM basic training), It may be too late........however the OP has been made aware of this, yesterday and indeed last year on this forum, and on the RMR site itself!!