Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok here\'s the scoop:

I\'m a TA CMT2, and while looking to transfer units found that the Inf Regt I was looking at was sending an FP Coy on Herrick. The long and the short of is that they need a CMT2, and because I was there I said I\'d go for it. They said great, told the CSM of the deploying Coy and I got my PSAO to get in touch with their adj to arrange the attachment/transfer stuff.

This all happened in about 3 days and it all looked like it was going great untill a few days ago I find out this:

My PSAO has told their Adj that there I cannot deploy unless I\'m supervised by a regular CMT1....

Is this really the case?? I know for a fact that there are other CMT2(V)\'s deployed, in the same role, on both Telic and Herrick.

Does any one here know the actual \'rules\' on how to deploy me?

Also, if it looks like I cannot go, can any one think of a course I can do, PDQ, so I can have an other Qual that I can use? I.e Rad-Op/CMT....

Thanks

T C

(sorry about spelling!)

2. THAT'S A NEW ONE ON ME ,I'M A CMT 1(T.A) AND WAS PUT IN CHARGE OF REGULAR CMT'S ON TELIC 4, ON THE BLM AS CREW COMMANDER.
    THE TROOP STAFFY/TROOP COMMANDER DIDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT.BUT THEN AGAIN I WAS ATTACHED AS DRIVER /RAD OP=WHEN THE TROOPY FOUND OUT I WAS A CMT 1,SHE CREAMED HER BREEKS.AND IMMEDIATLEY RE-ASSIGNED ME (OH JOY).LOVED IT REALLY.

3. New one on me as well, but in this day and age?

Cardinal

4. The actual scoop on this is:

CMT 1, 2 & 3 (V) who are not a registered civillian medical person ie: Paramedic, Amb Tech, Nurse etc, etc are to be supervised by a regular CMT 1 whenever they wish to practice their trade.

This is in response to the wonderful Clinical governance. This has been in place now for over 12 months and your PSAO should be aware of it.

5. Just an up-date (if any one cares...)

Even though there are NSNs for 2 CMT2\'s, because they don\'t have a CMT1 they can\'t take any medics at all. So it looks like I\'m not going now, which is a bit Sh*t.

Totally feeling like I\'ve spent 3 years in the TA only to be told that not only does it look like my trade is going to make me some kind of HCA, but they knew all along that I couldn\'t deploy in any sort of interesting role.

I\'m sorry to go off on one, but this really grips my sh*t. Is there any point in training CMT\'s any more? It looks like the only way I can go as a company medic is by doing CIC, and that\'s in May.

And they wonder why the AMS is under strength.

T C

6. Lots of TA AMS units going somewhere north of the Khyber very soon. Even if there are no slots in the actual TA hospital squadrons, I suspect they'll be looking to backfill the regular Med Regiments they're attached to. Ask around. Don't give up hope yet.

7. Is there a list of LSN\'s that are deploying then? My name\'s been \'on the list\' at 2 Med Bde for ages now, and even finding a unit that wants a CMT2 didn\'t do it...

Cheers for all the advice, if any one can help I\'m looking to get out of the Fd Hosp role, as I joined to do more than count tents!

T C

8. Until somebody makes a decision on the future of the TA CMT it's a problem to see a clear way ahead. Are you eligible for CMT1 yet? That would improve your employment and deployability prospects. From personal experience, getting a deployment is often about being persistent. Keep looking out and asking. A bit of info on this-

http://www.army.mod.uk/linkedfiles/servingsoldier/career/mcmdivs/ta/tanews07.doc

On the subject of deploying by itself, I'd say that your bet bet is is to look for an AMS unit atm.

9. Couldn't do CMT1 because I wasn't experienced enough... But can't get the experience without the course... Bit of a catch 22 there!

T C

10. TC

It is not neccessarily experience but time served, how long have you been a CMT 2 ?

11. I passes my CMT2 Jan 06, and was ready to get onto the Dec 06 CMT1 Course. PSI's said it was fine, as did the people at Keogh etc, so my PSI made a bid, but my PSAO blocked it as he thought I didn't have enough experience.

T C