TA CMT Promotion after Basic

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Scavenger, Sep 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey

I've done a search but not found the answer!

My mate/sister/dog is a registered paramedic and joining the RAMC as a CMT. He's been told he'll be granted Class 1 status after completing basic training, and the rank that goes with it.

The answer I'm looking for, is what rank goes with it, and how soon after basic would it come?

Thanks!

2. Mmmmm let me see, the first rank in the Army , that would be........Lt Sergeant ?

3. Not Lt Major? :roll:

Any serious answers from those in the know?!

Thanks!

4. I think what Polar69 is getting at he may of been had, we have 2 CMTs. one lance Jack and one tom, and the lance jack got promoted for other trades not that one, but then again we're not RAMC but I doubt there will be any rank beyong Pte at the start.

Could be wrong mind

5. CMT1 Is a Sgt I believe
    CMT 3 Is a L/Cpl however your guy might not be able to pick up due to Line Serial Numbers. I have the same within my Coy as we aren't RAMC

6. Thanks easesprings, very helpful!

7. I was a Cpl at CMT1 (TA) - and then Sgt with BATLS and patrol medic (non-medical REG)

I though the TA were binning the CMT trade?

8. "CMT1 Is a Sgt I believe
    CMT 3 Is a L/Cpl however your guy might not be able to pick up due to Line Serial Numbers. I have the same within my Coy as we aren't RAMC"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    P1ssed myself laughing!