TA CMT courses

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Uesrname, Aug 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I am thinking about joining the TA as a CMT. I would like to have all this information to hand before I start the process.

I was hoping someone could fill me in on the format of these courses? I understand that there are 3 levels before a CMT is fully qualified? Are these courses taken in a block, or over a number of weekends? How long are they? Is there a mandatory period between each course, or can you just blitz them?

Thanks for your help.
  2. I have been through the TA CMT system as a CMT in an infantry battalion. I did my CMT 3, 2 and 1 as three two weeks courses spread over a number of years. There used to be a time restriction as to how close the courses could be taken (12 months rings a bell but you would be wise to check).

I think you can do CMT2 as an inhouse course if you are with a medical unit.

You best bet would be to go to your local TA unit and ask these questions there to get the most up to date information.

Good luck
  3. Cheers fesdufun, that's really helpful.