TA CIC - Course Report.

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Lincs10, Nov 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have just recieved my CIC course report for several months ago and its basic content is that I am very unfit, so much so that it makes my admin and fieldcraft poor, that I cannot keep up on tabs, that my lack of fitness makes my skills and drills poor, that I have no leadership qualities, that my marksmanship is poor, that I only passed my APWT second time round and that I am generally a total utter mong.

Without wanting to sound like someone who cannot take criticism I do not for one minute believe this report is true at all in any of its content.

Some facts about my CIC,

Firstly, that I passed my APWT first time round.
    Secondly I was put as 2i/c for my section in the field when our PJNCO cadre guy was absent ( about half of the time).
    Thirdly I got a 10 minute mile and half (not great but average at worst?), and finished strongly and in the lead on both the four mile and six mile CFT's.
    Fourthly, on the casevac and bug outs I was in the lead as the platoon was doing a fast extraction (running like f**k).
    Fifthly since my CIC my Coy 2i/c has told me he would like me to do a PJNCO cadre in the near future.
    Sixthly I am about to do my PTI course.

If you take my word that thos 6 facts are true then you like me might be surprised at the content of my course report, all I can think of is this must be a case of mistaken identity, or just pure incompetance on the part of the Lt who wrote my report.

I may sound very arrogant in writing this about myself but what I really wish to know is, is there any way I can rectify this incorrect report? Secondly how likely, if at all, is this negative report to affect my TA career?
  2. who did you get on the wrong side of?
  3. Apparently the Plt Commander.
  4. We probably did the same CIC and you got my report because mine was above average. :lol:

Don't let it bother you, they only get 2 weeks with you so petty little things form their impression of you, could have been an undone pouch, noisy webbing or a sh1t beret.

Move on.
  5. msr

msr LE

Make an appointment with your TA Pl Comd.

6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Does your report say pass?

If so, job's a good one.

Your unit obviously think you are doing ok otherwise PJNCO/PTI would not be on the cards.

Your CIC report will not be sent when you to to PJNCO, so you get a clean sheet on that course. Do well, and that is what the promotion board will give most weight to come promotion time.

It is frustrating, but try not to worry about it.
  7. To answer your question - the first emboldened line highlights that it was several months ago and now the second emboldened lines recognises the fact that you must have made some progress on your leadership and fitness since then in order for your Coy 2 i/c to have told you that/put you forward for that course. As such, it wouldn't seem to have had any detrimental effect on your TA career to date.
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I shouldnt worry as my Brecon report I got hold of after almost 20 years was similar despite me being promoted on return. Re reading it I noticed that the course OC had changed my surname halfway through his bit on me. It seems I was mistaken for a fat knackerr, no chance of making that mistake now is there?
    I mean it wouldnt be a mistake now would it?
  9. CUT and PASTE.

The thinking mans tool or the lazy course report writers worst enemy :D