TA Chief Clerks

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by doo-lally, Jul 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Without wanting to seem ignorant, or wanting to start a war of words, I've always been a TA chief clerk. Done the Sqn/Rgt'l jobs and am now in a Staff Clerk position in an HQ.

I'm not saying that I'm thick, or that I couldn't deal with the work required but I do feel inequipped to deal with the position that I now have. Had absolutely no training and there is no-one to train me. If I was mobilised I would be completly out of my depth until I picked up what was required.

Making it up as I go along just seems to reinforce the STAB/ARAB point of view. This is what gets the AGC a bad report -'Jack of all trades -Master of none' springs to mind
  2. Bite the bullet fella and ask for help if you need it, nobody knows everything in any trade you always come across stuff that is a new learning experience but chances are you know stuff other people dont know and vice versa, you must know someone you can ring if got any dramas for advice?, doesnt make you weak and to be honest i would personally would have someone who admits they are unsure and says they will get back to you when they find out the answer than as i have had done in the past someone that is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and fcuked everything up so much so that she kept moving jobs every 6 months because she blagged it and other people had to sort her fcuk ups ou