• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

TA CFT

#63
Cuddles said:
I do get quite cross about the TA standard/regular standard debate. Yes of course regular units in theory have more time to spend on phys but TA soldiers are under an implied perhaps, but sincere obligation to remain fit and achieve these actually quite low standards.

I was horrified by the performance of several soldiers in my squadron on the last CFT I conducted. Even the SSM was personally quite unfit for the exercise and I tried to have her sacked. I was told this could not be done because she passed the good egg test. The fact she was a fablon biff-chit wielding failure unable to set an example to her boys and girls was ignored at RHQ.

As a 41 year old I kept the pace up and did quite well in the melee finishing sprint. Which as by then I was carrying the SSM's kit too was quite good I thought. The point is I had no time in my civilian schedule for really serious training but I had a level of residual fitness from previous appointments. If I couldn't pass CFT/BFT or Tickle Test then I would expect to be sacked. That should be the rule. Obviusly there might be a process of get well or out but the end state is either pass/fail and no grey areas.

So I applaud the new standards and I remember as a young TA private doing nine milers and worse but to no ill effects. If you committ then fine but as soon as you even envisage jacking then you are doomed. Tell me you can't find half and hour three times a week and a couple of hours once a fortnight to maintain/achieve the MATTs standards and when I've stopped laughing I will prove you wrong. It's about time management and self discipline.
Fucking right. Too many people join the TA for the wrong reasons....and when consulted they don't even know what the bloody reasons are!

If this new directive that i'm seeing about recruits not needing to pass the PFT before getting to ATRA is true, then god help us. Ive been told by a mate that its merely pass the 14 minute standard for the 1.5miler, and thats it.
 
#64
Praetorian said:
If this new directive that i'm seeing about recruits not needing to pass the PFT before getting to ATRA is true, then god help us. Ive been told by a mate that its merely pass the 14 minute standard for the 1.5miler, and thats it.
It is correct (but it's ATRD not ATRA now) and what's more "TA recruits will be tested on fitness at the end of TA Phase 1C training. Units may accept failures at risk."

Desperate for numbers, the TA, surely not.

See things like this and you understand the list of units that have managed to opt out of centralised training and you may begin to understand why the Bravo Bravos and MSRs of this world want to snipe at and generalltry to run down those who still aim for high standards as it shows up their mediocrity.
 
#65
QRK2 said:
Praetorian said:
If this new directive that i'm seeing about recruits not needing to pass the PFT before getting to ATRA is true, then god help us. Ive been told by a mate that its merely pass the 14 minute standard for the 1.5miler, and thats it.
It is correct (but it's ATRD not ATRA now) and what's more "TA recruits will be tested on fitness at the end of TA Phase 1C training. Units may accept failures at risk."

Desperate for numbers, the TA, surely not.

See things like this and you understand the list of units that have managed to opt out of centralised training.
And how many does the the regular army accept from Chilwell 'at risk'?

It's not just a TA problem.

msr
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#66
QRK2 said:
Praetorian said:
If this new directive that i'm seeing about recruits not needing to pass the PFT before getting to ATRA is true, then god help us. Ive been told by a mate that its merely pass the 14 minute standard for the 1.5miler, and thats it.
It is correct (but it's ATRD not ATRA now) and what's more "TA recruits will be tested on fitness at the end of TA Phase 1C training. Units may accept failures at risk."

Desperate for numbers, the TA, surely not.

See things like this and you understand the list of units that have managed to opt out of centralised training.
Agreed - it is labour and qualifications intensive, but the results are worth it. You still run the CMSR but without the "lowest common denominator" factor.
 
#67
The_Duke said:
QRK2 said:
Praetorian said:
If this new directive that i'm seeing about recruits not needing to pass the PFT before getting to ATRA is true, then god help us. Ive been told by a mate that its merely pass the 14 minute standard for the 1.5miler, and thats it.
It is correct (but it's ATRD not ATRA now) and what's more "TA recruits will be tested on fitness at the end of TA Phase 1C training. Units may accept failures at risk."

Desperate for numbers, the TA, surely not.

See things like this and you understand the list of units that have managed to opt out of centralised training.
Agreed - it is labour and qualifications intensive, but the results are worth it. You still run the CMSR but without the "lowest common denominator" factor.
SAS(R)
Parachute Regiment (V)
HAC

Is that it?
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#68
whatley said:
The_Duke said:
QRK2 said:
Praetorian said:
If this new directive that i'm seeing about recruits not needing to pass the PFT before getting to ATRA is true, then god help us. Ive been told by a mate that its merely pass the 14 minute standard for the 1.5miler, and thats it.
It is correct (but it's ATRD not ATRA now) and what's more "TA recruits will be tested on fitness at the end of TA Phase 1C training. Units may accept failures at risk."

Desperate for numbers, the TA, surely not.

See things like this and you understand the list of units that have managed to opt out of centralised training.
Agreed - it is labour and qualifications intensive, but the results are worth it. You still run the CMSR but without the "lowest common denominator" factor.
SAS(R)
Parachute Regiment (V)
HAC

Is that it?
You mean The 4th Battalion, The Parachute Regiment Reserve?

We lost the (V) a little while ago as part of our "rebranding"
 
#69
The_Duke said:
whatley said:
The_Duke said:
QRK2 said:
Praetorian said:
If this new directive that i'm seeing about recruits not needing to pass the PFT before getting to ATRA is true, then god help us. Ive been told by a mate that its merely pass the 14 minute standard for the 1.5miler, and thats it.
It is correct (but it's ATRD not ATRA now) and what's more "TA recruits will be tested on fitness at the end of TA Phase 1C training. Units may accept failures at risk."

Desperate for numbers, the TA, surely not.

See things like this and you understand the list of units that have managed to opt out of centralised training.
Agreed - it is labour and qualifications intensive, but the results are worth it. You still run the CMSR but without the "lowest common denominator" factor.
SAS(R)
Parachute Regiment (V)
HAC

Is that it?
You mean The 4th Battalion, The Parachute Regiment Reserve?

We lost the (V) a little while ago as part of our "rebranding"
Sorry for the poor SD, but is that the list?
 
#72
QRK2 said:
See things like this and you understand the list of units that have managed to opt out of centralised training and you may begin to understand why the Bravo Bravos and MSRs of this world want to snipe at and generalltry to run down those who still aim for high standards as it shows up their mediocrity.
Pardon?

I do hope that you do not need to take a CDT in the near future as you'd fail it.

Or you may just be talking shite, dunno; dont care.

I fail to see how pointing out Waltery is a sign of mediocrity. I also fail to see where I have "ran down those who still aim for high standards"

Engage brain before trapping off next time and you might stop looking like a petulant schoolgirl.
 
#73
Bravo_Bravo said:
QRK2 said:
See things like this and you understand the list of units that have managed to opt out of centralised training and you may begin to understand why the Bravo Bravos and MSRs of this world want to snipe at and generalltry to run down those who still aim for high standards as it shows up their mediocrity.
Pardon?

I do hope that you do not need to take a CDT in the near future as you'd fail it.

Or you may just be talking shite, dunno; dont care.

I fail to see how pointing out Waltery is a sign of mediocrity. I also fail to see where I have "ran down those who still aim for high standards"

Engage brain before trapping off next time and you might stop looking like a petulant schoolgirl.
I was trying to get my head around that as well Bravo_Bravo. Strange one there....
 
#74
QRK2 said:
See things like this and you understand the list of units that have managed to opt out of centralised training and you may begin to understand why the Bravo Bravos and MSRs of this world want to snipe at and generalltry to run down those who still aim for high standards as it shows up their mediocrity.
No, I aim to exceed the standards which are laid down and I expect my soldiers to meet them.

msr
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#75
Bravo_Bravo said:
QRK2 said:
See things like this and you understand the list of units that have managed to opt out of centralised training and you may begin to understand why the Bravo Bravos and MSRs of this world want to snipe at and generalltry to run down those who still aim for high standards as it shows up their mediocrity.
Pardon?

I do hope that you do not need to take a CDT in the near future as you'd fail it.

Or you may just be talking shite, dunno; dont care.

I fail to see how pointing out Waltery is a sign of mediocrity. I also fail to see where I have "ran down those who still aim for high standards"

Engage brain before trapping off next time and you might stop looking like a petulant schoolgirl.
QRK2's post was probably best left in it's original form - ie the full stop after "centralised training".

B_B - I am not sure what waltery you are pointing out, but we should probably try to avoid what was an interesting thread showing differing views on applying the same rules degenerating into a slanging match.
 
#76
I think 3pwrr are sort of moving away from centralised training for some
of the course if only as its proving an admin night mare.
 
#77
The_Duke said:
B_B - I am not sure what waltery you are pointing out, but we should probably try to avoid what was an interesting thread showing differing views on applying the same rules degenerating into a slanging match.
Indeed; I was wondering why the ( inaccurate ) dig at me from QRK2.
 
#78
whatley said:
The_Duke said:
QRK2 said:
Praetorian said:
If this new directive that i'm seeing about recruits not needing to pass the PFT before getting to ATRA is true, then god help us. Ive been told by a mate that its merely pass the 14 minute standard for the 1.5miler, and thats it.
It is correct (but it's ATRD not ATRA now) and what's more "TA recruits will be tested on fitness at the end of TA Phase 1C training. Units may accept failures at risk."

Desperate for numbers, the TA, surely not.

See things like this and you understand the list of units that have managed to opt out of centralised training.
Agreed - it is labour and qualifications intensive, but the results are worth it. You still run the CMSR but without the "lowest common denominator" factor.
SAS(R)
Parachute Regiment (V)
HAC

Is that it?
63 Signal Squadron do both Phase 1 and Phase 2 training in house.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ted Bear The Intelligence Cell 61
C Army Reserve 14
Bravo_Bravo AGC, RAPTC and SASC 29

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top