TA CFT

Im sure this topic has been covered but i wanna seek clarification of the weight to be carried for a Royal Sigs TA CFT. :frustrated:

15kgs, try searching next time.

Took 26kg on Saturday, to make it a bit more interesting.

msr

Doing 25kg / 6 miles on sunday as we're daft / nails.

gambler said:
Thanks tartan but with spotters like you its a lot easier :thumright:
Don't worry, I won't be rushing to help you again next time.

Bravo_Bravo said:
What additional training have you received?

msr

I thought 6 miles was April onwards? The MATT2 as laid down this year specifies 4 miles in not less than 57'30.

After April we go to 6, then 8 in 2008.

Wasn't 8 what we used to do?

msr said:
Bravo_Bravo said:
What additional training have you received?

msr
Shouting GRRRR a lot, and fablonning pictures of Chuck Norris.

Obviously...

The_Duke

LE
psychobabble said:
It's 4 for bounty this training year ie til April, 6 if you're deploying and then next year as PTP says.
Not for us it is not!

CO's directive states that 4 Para will train to MATT level 1 standard. MATT 2 will be tested at 8 miles in 2 hours, but the Bn will train to 10 miles in 2 hours.

Only exceptions for Para Regt cap badge personnel are elderly (as defined in MATTs) or med downgraded who may be given an exception by the TM.

Other attached arms are at MATT 2 standard.

Max benefit, and the blokes love it!

psychobabble said:
med downgraded
my most hated of terms, not a problem with genuine cases, but seems to be the same old faces every time we have some phys! :shakefist:

The_Duke

LE
Barrack Room Lawyer said:
psychobabble said:
med downgraded
my most hated of terms, not a problem with genuine cases, but seems to be the same old faces every time we have some phys! :shakefist:
BRL,

The comment above was mine, and our downgrades tend to be exactly that - properly medically down graded and often for lengthy periods. Broken femurs etc from parachuting tend to do that to you.

What could be described as "short term unofficial downgrading" gets short shrift, and besides, there are many opportunities to do the CFT in a year. If someone misses all of them without a proper medical review and downgrading, then bye bye bounty.

Duke

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ted Bear The Intelligence Cell 61
C Army Reserve 14
Bravo_Bravo AGC, RAPTC and SASC 29