TA Centre/Barracks accomodation

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by djbt_uk, Nov 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hullo, got a little problem I was hoping someone could shed some light on.

I am NOT TA/Military, but a Special with the BTP.

I have some BTP business in London this weekend, they gave me short notice and are offering no accomodation assistance.
    Their usual accomodation is full-to-overflowing because of a training programme that's currently in progress.

Can it be arranged to stay at a TA centre? (Obviously for a fee)

It is cheeky, but if you don't ask, you don't get.
  2. It's London. Why not speak to the met who still have Section Houses for the singlies.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I'm trying that avenue as well.
    Just trying to keep viable options open while people get back to me, if you follow my thinking.
  4. Union Jack Club? Usually a sucker for a hard luck story :)
  5. Why would they let stay?

Why not just pull a fat bird on Friday and stay at hers for free, not only will you get a shag but I bet she will make you breakfast too.
  6. Sorry but I suspect this is a non-starter. Even as serving TA you would almost certainly get revved off if this was for non-mil business. Have you thought about soemwhere cheapo like YHA?
  7. Hotel and an expense claim surely?
  8. Hobo-Ken,
    I thought as much.

YHA is an option I hadn't considered.

Fat birds are a no-no. She might crease my suit...!
  9. You'd think, wouldn't you?

They're being @rses about it, so I'm trying to sort out cheap digs and fight with the finance gargoyle over the receipt afterwards.
  10. Except for Barry Buddon, my experince of staying at many TAC's overnight consisted of a role mat, sleeping bag and the floor!

Better off setting up camp under a bridge somehwre...at least that way someone might give you a few bob for a cup of tea.

As mentioned before, the Union Jack-off Club is clean, warm, cheap, central, easy to get to and from and have Gurkha chefs..yummy!
  11. Union Jack Club is cheap and i think they allow cops in. :)
  12. walkyrie

walkyrie Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Why would you want to stay there? All TAC's are haunted......allegedly...

But on a serious note its likely to be a no go. Aside from the obvious "You're not in the Military and this isn't a hotel" stance that the management will likely take, the caretaker will refuse to allow it on Health/Fire Safety issues (which translates as "why should I wait around for you when I could be in the pub eating pies?)
  13. No worries folks; TAC is a no-no.

I've looked at the union jack club, I think that'll be my fall-back option.
    Looking at the postcodes, it's miles away from where I need to be at 0730 Sunday morning.
    But if needs must....

Thanks for the advice
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Again, I've looked at the postcodes and...