TA Centre/Barracks accomodation

Hullo, got a little problem I was hoping someone could shed some light on.

I am NOT TA/Military, but a Special with the BTP.

I have some BTP business in London this weekend, they gave me short notice and are offering no accomodation assistance.
Their usual accomodation is full-to-overflowing because of a training programme that's currently in progress.

Can it be arranged to stay at a TA centre? (Obviously for a fee)

It is cheeky, but if you don't ask, you don't get.

Hullo, got a little problem I was hoping someone could shed some light on.

I am NOT TA/Military, but a Special with the BTP.

I have some BTP business in London this weekend, they gave me short notice and are offering no accomodation assistance.
Their usual accomodation is full-to-overflowing because of a training programme that's currently in progress.

Can it be arranged to stay at a TA centre? (Obviously for a fee)

It is cheeky, but if you don't ask, you don't get.
Why would they let stay?

Why not just pull a fat bird on Friday and stay at hers for free, not only will you get a shag but I bet she will make you breakfast too.

Sorry but I suspect this is a non-starter. Even as serving TA you would almost certainly get revved off if this was for non-mil business. Have you thought about soemwhere cheapo like YHA?

Except for Barry Buddon, my experince of staying at many TAC's overnight consisted of a role mat, sleeping bag and the floor!

Better off setting up camp under a bridge somehwre...at least that way someone might give you a few bob for a cup of tea.

As mentioned before, the Union Jack-off Club is clean, warm, cheap, central, easy to get to and from and have Gurkha chefs..yummy!

walkyrie

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Why would you want to stay there? All TAC's are haunted......allegedly...

But on a serious note its likely to be a no go. Aside from the obvious "You're not in the Military and this isn't a hotel" stance that the management will likely take, the caretaker will refuse to allow it on Health/Fire Safety issues (which translates as "why should I wait around for you when I could be in the pub eating pies?)

No worries folks; TAC is a no-no.

I've looked at the union jack club, I think that'll be my fall-back option.
Looking at the postcodes, it's miles away from where I need to be at 0730 Sunday morning.
But if needs must....

Thanks for the advice

So you are BTP Special Constable who comes on here asking the army for a place to spend the night? Lets hope none of us end up spending the night where you work.

Latest Threads