TA Centre Access

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by StabTiffy2B, Jan 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies & Gents,

Being the highly organised chap that I am, I rocked up early on Friday night in preperation for a weekend. The aim was to get into the workshops to sort out my kit (which has to be stored there), aswell as my spares and tools.

Upon arrival I found that, once again, the workshop had been locked up.

To say I was un-impressed was an understatement.

Let's gloss over the blatant stupidity and uselessness of most of the permanent staff at my place and move straight to the question:

Does anyone else have problems gaining access to the various parts of the TAC? Are people in your units actually trusted with key? Do your permanent staff use a bit of common and leave buildings open, that are needed to be used?

2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Presumably this workshop contained your kit, tools and spares. If it had been left open and your kit pinched, you would be posting a thread complaining that some idiot had not secured a store.

Areas containing valuables are locked unless in use. As long as they are unlocked in time for the start of normal training, then there is no issue. As a matter of interest, had you spoken to the SPSI/Storeman/NRPS informing them that you intended to pitch up early, or were you relying on ESP?
  3. ST2B are you not issued a key yourself? Be honest you're not worthy are you? Are you a greasy fingered Cfn?
  4. Its just bad admin.
  5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

On ST2Bs part
  6. Right I know a bit about this as me and ST2B are in the same unit all the kit tools and stuff is locked up in cages and lockers INSIDE the building and you could nail the request to the windscreen of the perm staff cars/caretakers door and the building would not be unlocked, also this workshops is inside the wire of this TAC but not glued to the main building so even when the TAC is opened for the weekend the workshops gets forgoten about also the perm staff wont give anyone in the TA CoC a key to access the building I have keys to my troop office and stores but not the main door to the TAC, on lots of occasions i have turned up after talking to the PSAO and getting him to inform the relavent key holders only for all external doors to be locked as some people in the unit decide that they dont have to do what they are told/asked its an ongoing problem that the PSAO is pulling what remains of his hair out over and its about to get worse after a spate of several sets of keys getting "misplaced"
  7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

As you are obviously not trusted with the punctuation keys and return key on your keyboard, I certainly wouldn't trust you with the keys to anything else.
  8. what a fucking **** prick you are what does it matter if my punctuation and spelling is not perfect you arogant up your own arse jobs worth cunt
  9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Why thank you.

I say again - why should you be surprised that you are not trusted with keys if you cannot be trusted with a keyboard.
  10. My point is that none of these people were coming in for this training (despite it being at Regimental level). They were all aware that access would be required and made no provision for it to take place. If it wasn't for a few people being in the know then we'd never had got in at all. Que a lot of people without webbing, Bergans, etc.

When it is demanded that everything must be stored in the TAC, provision must be made for the blokes to get access to it.

I'm curious as to how this happens at other units. Do those with the 'magic keys' always tip up or is this an accepted Friday night fiasco?
  11. Ha ha. The problem with a Nimda is that they want procedures to work around them and then complain when things go missing or go wrong. It takes a phone call to organise getting access somewhere or alternatively, put your kit in a place where you know you can tinker with it when you want.
  12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Stores keys held by NRPS and TA CQMS. They talk to each other and ensure that one of them is coming in. Armoury access for all Officers and SNCOs, TA and Regular.

SPSI/PSI always present when training taking place, or alternative arrangements made on the odd occasion when they are not coming in.

All about communication and trust, rather than bitching and moaning. Baldrick - take note.
  13. er i am trusted with keys just not the key to the front door and I understand the reasons for it (and its got feck all to do with my education or lack of) however the REME guys in my unit are not allowed any keys AT ALL dont suppose any of this matters in real life and as you have decided you are the internet spelling police i am going to feck off as it obviously so upsetting for you that i cant spell
  14. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

It doesn't upset me at all.

Strange that you are only trusted with keys that work once the grown ups have turned up and can supervise you.

Speaks volumes.
  15. "No-Wah" Nimda?

Personally, I'd say store all your kit at home and then I can tinker with what I want, when I want and tip up ready to go. However, when it's ruled that everything must be stored on site and then the bloke with the key's fucks off, can it really be blamed on the toms?

Short of comments about my lack of admin and inability to pick up a phone - how do other units deal with this scenario? Or do you rock up and everything is open and organised by your permanent staff?