TA Centenary Medal

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by lordmonty, Feb 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are we going to have a TA Centenary medal?

2. Only for those with 100 years service. :roll:

3. Yes. The trenchdodgers want a third medal for doing fuck all.

It was decided by commitee see.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It can go in the same box as my Queens jubbly medal and my long distinguished career medal, non of which I has , doncher know

5. gimme, gimme, gimme! yeah as if we'd get that!

6. Good I'm in with a chance then

7. This is a disgrace...
    Granted, if you have completed 100 years of service, then there is no denying you have a level of dedication to service..but if you haven't attempted passed your PFT and CFT.....
    Shuffles away into corner, mumbling "in my day.... grumble grumble... bloody war-dodgers..mutter mutter... end up like the yanks moan moan..."

8. Re- the recent replies.
    Before leaving any further replies, please ensure you have a mature outlook on life.

9. IMHO only those TA who have actually been on operational service deserve one..... not some accountant who just does his/her minimum Tuesday after school club and puts own plimsoles on as an attempt of PFT!

Just my opinion!

10. I can confirm that I have a mature outlook on life.

My mature outlook on this idea is that it is b0llocks.

11. Mature? I'm so mature I smell of sweaty socks.

WTF would anybody expect a medal?

The Centenary is to do with the organisation, not the person. Something to hang on the wall might be nice, or even a badge to wear on a civvy jacket, but (IMHO) a medal would demean the idea of medals.

This is the BRITISH Army, not the Yank one.

12. A mature outlook on life too? Well thats all well and good, but if there's still no "pass" next to the PFT box on Matts 1-6....

13. Re-the quote above

Think about what you're going to type before coming onto a military forum and asking loads of bone questions (check out his 23 posts. What a load of pish).

14. WTF Why in gods name????
    Did they give you a medal at the cheese rolling club for passing a test???

Easy shuffles off to a corner

15. Well if it is true it can go in a box never to be seen again, im not paying to get my medals remounted for some worthless piece of sh*t when there are far more justifiable reasons to award a medal i.e a separate medal for Helmand or at least a bar.