TA Centenary Medal

lordmonty said:
Are we going to have a TA Centenary medal?
Yes. The trenchdodgers want a third medal for doing fuck all.

It was decided by commitee see.

This is a disgrace...
Granted, if you have completed 100 years of service, then there is no denying you have a level of dedication to service..but if you haven't attempted passed your PFT and CFT.....
Shuffles away into corner, mumbling "in my day.... grumble grumble... bloody war-dodgers..mutter mutter... end up like the yanks moan moan..."

IMHO only those TA who have actually been on operational service deserve one..... not some accountant who just does his/her minimum Tuesday after school club and puts own plimsoles on as an attempt of PFT!

Just my opinion!

lordmonty said:
Re- the recent replies.
Before leaving any further replies, please ensure you have a mature outlook on life.
I can confirm that I have a mature outlook on life.

My mature outlook on this idea is that it is b0llocks.

lordmonty said:
Re- the recent replies.
Before leaving any further replies, please ensure you have a mature outlook on life.
Mature? I'm so mature I smell of sweaty socks.

WTF would anybody expect a medal?

The Centenary is to do with the organisation, not the person. Something to hang on the wall might be nice, or even a badge to wear on a civvy jacket, but (IMHO) a medal would demean the idea of medals.

This is the BRITISH Army, not the Yank one.

lordmonty said:
Re- the recent replies.
A mature outlook on life too? Well thats all well and good, but if there's still no "pass" next to the PFT box on Matts 1-6....

lordmonty said:
Re- the recent replies.
Re-the quote above

Think about what you're going to type before coming onto a military forum and asking loads of bone questions (check out his 23 posts. What a load of pish).

lordmonty said:
Are we going to have a TA Centenary medal?
WTF Why in gods name????
Did they give you a medal at the cheese rolling club for passing a test???

Easy shuffles off to a corner

Well if it is true it can go in a box never to be seen again, im not paying to get my medals remounted for some worthless piece of sh*t when there are far more justifiable reasons to award a medal i.e a separate medal for Helmand or at least a bar.

Personally a nice little drink up with the lads is all thats really wanted, with of course fireworks, dancing girls , bells and whistles. Oh and a good curry.

rebel_with_a_cause said:
Personally a nice little drink up with the lads is all thats really wanted, with of course fireworks, dancing girls , bells and whistles. Oh and a good curry.
Now thats more like it. Curry beer and a laugh at the last 100 Years

[/quote]a laugh at the last 100 Years[/quote]

What is so funny about the last 100 years?

a laugh at the last 100 Years[/quote]

What is so funny about the last 100 years?[/quote]

The last 100 years? Well I can think of a few moments worth chuckling about.. All the wars and death f'rinstance.
What else do you think we'd laugh about?

FFS NOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT CURRY cant we have fish and chips for a change I like fish and chips, I have never understood the army's obsession with Ruby Murrays as they are gopping I want a nice piece of cod and large chips as the TA 100 Celebration not a sodding curry

Latest Threads