TA casualties in the current wars.

Is there a record anywhere of how many TA have died or been wounded on active service in the current conflicts?

I can't find anything.

Make an FOI request.

I was under the impression there was 4 or 5 on Telic?

Closet_Jibber said:
I was under the impression there was 4 or 5 on Telic?
Must be something like that, at least. There have been at least two casualties (deaths) from 52 Lowland Regiment/ 6 SCOTS alone.

MOD TELIC fatality list, but difficult to identify all who were TA: LINK

What about the TA memorial at Chilwell?

msr

I know there has been the fair share of casualties. I had a mucker still in The TA come home in 2008 with a quality knew breathing hole courtesy of a Taliban 300 yard surgeon.

He's an ex arrser who may one day return so I will respect his PERSEC. Infantry Cap Badge!

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't think that the TA are recorded any different to regulars
Don't they all get transferred to the regualsr at Chillwell?

I had a mate who got a serious head injury in Iraq and was medivaced to Birmingham
He got operated on recovered and joined us for the end of the tour
When he mentioned his injury ast Chillwell during demob they looked at him as if he'd spoken a strange language and offered to rape their kids

We have had one fatality (Telic , before I joined and when I was still regular) and one guy paralysed (herrick) from my unit alone.

Boy Syrup - The lads who I know who have found themselves injured have all been kept on by Chilwell for fackin ages after the injury/wounding whatever actually took place.

I know another mate of mine who got injured on Telic 4 during an IED was still on pay 18 months later.

Not to mention the "Injuries" rather than "Woundings" that clock up thousands of pounds in wags when they get home. From the lads I know still in the TA I hear its a good scam (Not suggesting that lads genuinely wounded milk it although they have more right to than someone who turns up and gets a sore knee on a pre tour CFT).

My most recently injured Mucca is on FTRS and is intending to extend it with another unit to go back out on tour. Chilwell seem to be assisting him in doing this and I know he has already had the nod from someone at HQ Land.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Closet_Jibber said:
Boy Syrup - The lads who I know who have found themselves injured have all been kept on by Chilwell for fackin ages after the injury/wounding whatever actually took place.

I know another mate of mine who got injured on Telic 4 during an IED was still on pay 18 months later.

Not to mention the "Injuries" rather than "Woundings" that clock up thousands of pounds in wags when they get home. From the lads I know still in the TA I hear its a good scam (Not suggesting that lads genuinely wounded milk it although they have more right to than someone who turns up and gets a sore knee on a pre tour CFT).

My most recently injured Mucca is on FTRS and is intending to extend it with another unit to go back out on tour. Chilwell seem to be assisting him in doing this and I know he has already had the nod from someone at HQ Land.
Thanks C_J that's good to know
However IO was stood next to him and the woman did look at him as if he was mad
It was just after Telic 4 and it hadn't been caused by enemy action so that may have took them by suprise

the_boy_syrup said:
Closet_Jibber said:

Thanks C_J that's good to know
However IO was stood next to him and the woman did look at him as if he was mad
It was just after Telic 4 and it hadn't been caused by enemy action so that may have took them by suprise
Don't get me wrong I wasn't doubting you.

Just thought you would like to know that things "seem" to have improved quite alot. Having never needed anything more than a finger splint to treat an operational injury I can't say from my own experience.

Frankly I find it quite suprising that the system is good as is reported given that this is The "British" Army. No doubt fear of nasty stories in the press has alot to do with it.

Personally I'm just glad I was fortunate enough not to need to test the system.

There's a breakdown at BBC News website, from where you should be able to work out the TA guys.

Hope that helps.

PTE jonathan kit 28/1/04 (Sorry mate cant spell your full surname) killed by a suicide bomber in Kabul Op fingal
CPl mark Hill 25/10/04 Telic 4
Sjt Chris Reed 1/1/09 Herrick 9
Rip
All from 6th rifles + 5 wounded 1 using the loss of arm and another an eye

Latest Threads