TA casualties in the current wars.

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by EX_STAB, May 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there a record anywhere of how many TA have died or been wounded on active service in the current conflicts?

I can't find anything.
  2. msr

msr LE

Make an FOI request.
  3. I was under the impression there was 4 or 5 on Telic?
  4. Must be something like that, at least. There have been at least two casualties (deaths) from 52 Lowland Regiment/ 6 SCOTS alone.

MOD TELIC fatality list, but difficult to identify all who were TA: LINK
  5. msr

msr LE

What about the TA memorial at Chilwell?

6. I know there has been the fair share of casualties. I had a mucker still in The TA come home in 2008 with a quality knew breathing hole courtesy of a Taliban 300 yard surgeon.
  7. What unit was he with?
  8. He's an ex arrser who may one day return so I will respect his PERSEC. Infantry Cap Badge!
  9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I don't think that the TA are recorded any different to regulars
    Don't they all get transferred to the regualsr at Chillwell?

I had a mate who got a serious head injury in Iraq and was medivaced to Birmingham
    He got operated on recovered and joined us for the end of the tour
    When he mentioned his injury ast Chillwell during demob they looked at him as if he'd spoken a strange language and offered to rape their kids
  10. I don't believe you.
  11. Very well. :cry:
  12. We have had one fatality (Telic , before I joined and when I was still regular) and one guy paralysed (herrick) from my unit alone.
  13. Boy Syrup - The lads who I know who have found themselves injured have all been kept on by Chilwell for fackin ages after the injury/wounding whatever actually took place.

I know another mate of mine who got injured on Telic 4 during an IED was still on pay 18 months later.

Not to mention the "Injuries" rather than "Woundings" that clock up thousands of pounds in wags when they get home. From the lads I know still in the TA I hear its a good scam (Not suggesting that lads genuinely wounded milk it although they have more right to than someone who turns up and gets a sore knee on a pre tour CFT).

My most recently injured Mucca is on FTRS and is intending to extend it with another unit to go back out on tour. Chilwell seem to be assisting him in doing this and I know he has already had the nod from someone at HQ Land.