TA call up

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by tiggerT, Jan 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So basically I'm pretty sure (after speaking to my CO) that my services will be needed and that I will be attached to a regular unit to go on tour (Herrick 19). how and when will I get confirmation of this? Will I recieve a letter? Or will I be called in for an interview or what? Obviously this will be my first tour so I'm not sure of the process. Can any of you more experienced guys give me a heads up on what to expect? Cheers

2. Herrick 19 is 9 months away. I very much doubt any regular unit will know what gaps will need to be filled this fat in advance so I'd take what you've been told with a pinch of salt.

If you are lucky enough to go take a broom as cleaning up and shutting down is all you'll be doing.

3. Yea pretty much thats my job, I'm an electrician on civi street and in my corps so they need guys to take stuff down. If I am lucky enough to nab the last tour, will I recieve a letter?

4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Yes. They won't just phone you and say 'can you turn up on Tuesday'.

Well, that did happen to me on Telic 1, but that was nudge, nudge, wink, wink 'illegal' like. Things have changed.

5. Ok cheers for ur help

6. You will get your call up papers from Glasgow..

eventually...

maybe..

or maybe not..

7. Your unit will be informed officially so will you. Be aware some of the lads and lasses got their call up papers after they got to Chilwell :)

8. The TAOR for H19 is already established as far as I know. Units start pre-mob training next month, in some cases...

Sent from my GT-S5830i using ARRSE mobile app

9. Ha ha ha ha!!!!