TA Call up for UN Role?

Bring it. Though I asked my Colonel , he said no. But my OC (Ex-reg SAS) has been quietly gathering names of those that fancy a Levantine holiday...

Definatly - have asked if this was possible and been told no officially although if anyone knows of how it may b possible please let me know!!

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
given the experience now present in that TA i cant see any reason why not, no military reasons anyway. However i cant see the government doing this,a s it would allow people to say that the army is now so small, that reservists are being given missions such as this,. Other countries would probably also see this as a sign of dis interest...

chrisg46 said:
given the experience now present in that TA i cant see any reason why not, no military reasons anyway. However i cant see the government doing this,a s it would allow people to say that the army is now so small, that reservists are being given missions such as this,. Other countries would probably also see this as a sign of dis interest...
I thought they could do a similar set-up as the TA sigs in bos?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Use the TA for UN duties? Of course you can - I don't really know why the question had to be asked. These guys have proved they can come in and do the business.

The TA have been supporting the regular element of the army for a long time.

However..............

is this a new role for the TA? Are they going to become the UN element because the regular army/navy/air force are somewhat busy? And what happens when Pte/Lcpl/Cpl/Sgt/CSgt/CSM/RQMS/etc can't do it because this government will not protect their civilian jobs.

PartTimePongo said:
Bring it. Though I asked my Colonel , he said no. But my OC (Ex-reg SAS) has been quietly gathering names of those that fancy a Levantine holiday...
Put a word in for me will you? Thanks.

I thought the TA were already over-stretched delivering troops to Iraq & Afghanistan? certainly the TA Inf is.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
PompeySailor said:
You will all be doing airport security checks first!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4787161.stm

Where will the Government turn for manpower next? Scout troops?
Put the Movers into civ airports, then maybe military airtrooping flights might work more smoothly :wink:

f$£^&in hell,lebanon for the brits!,afghanistan,iraq-all rolled into one.you'd be trippin over suicide bombers,israeli's popping you from one side-syria,iran,hizzbolla from the other side-khe san ring a bell !

nitv9 said:
I thought the TA were already over-stretched delivering troops to Iraq & Afghanistan? certainly the TA Inf is.
Holy crap, that was what I thought! Are you all now so indoctrinated with the "Blair's world police force" mantra so start to twitch like a headless chicken with tourettes at the first sign of a new humanitarian "whoopsie"?

Not that I'm having a go, at least us Brits actually give a rats arse, but when exactly will HM forces be overstretched????

8O

we're an army of adrenalin junkies,waiting for our next 'operational fix'.
we're losing more guy's to accidents,equipments in rag order,army chiefs of staff say 'we're stretched '- but not over stretched.what kinda shit is that.now they're thinking of putting us in between nutcases.enough is enough ,even professional soldiers,full time-part time have a breaking point.

Well I didn't do much drinking on my operational UN tour of Bosnia

Whether its Regular or TA that good old Tony.. "my flight home won't be delayed" Blair decides he can whistle up..

from where..???

The thought of being between Hizbullah and the IDF is a very scary thought. Bearing in mind the IDF deliberately targeted the UN outpost in the buffer zone,... ( I think it doubtful that a precision guide weapon can go that rogue!)..

Hizbullah are knocking out the very best armour the IDF have, how are you going to feel in your Land Rover Snatch!!!

All of you that want to head out there need an appointment with your shrink.. common folks lets be serious... for those of you that have done Iraq or Afghanistan was that not enough of an adrenaline fix????,...whats all the rush to mortality.

Even if you did go, in a few months these threads will be full of people chuntering about lack of equipment, the fact that the IDF are not necessarily on our side, ... and what a c**p tour it is

I'd sooner do Iraq again or... better still stag on at Heathrow, at least the quality of totty will be better to look at ..

Latest Threads