TA Call up for UN Role?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by bibo_boy, Aug 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What do you think?
  2. Bring it. Though I asked my Colonel , he said no. But my OC (Ex-reg SAS) has been quietly gathering names of those that fancy a Levantine holiday...
  3. Definatly - have asked if this was possible and been told no officially although if anyone knows of how it may b possible please let me know!!
  4. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

given the experience now present in that TA i cant see any reason why not, no military reasons anyway. However i cant see the government doing this,a s it would allow people to say that the army is now so small, that reservists are being given missions such as this,. Other countries would probably also see this as a sign of dis interest...
  5. I thought they could do a similar set-up as the TA sigs in bos?
  6. How is that relevant? I bet you can p*ss further than us aswell :roll:
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Use the TA for UN duties? Of course you can - I don't really know why the question had to be asked. These guys have proved they can come in and do the business.

The TA have been supporting the regular element of the army for a long time.

is this a new role for the TA? Are they going to become the UN element because the regular army/navy/air force are somewhat busy? And what happens when Pte/Lcpl/Cpl/Sgt/CSgt/CSM/RQMS/etc can't do it because this government will not protect their civilian jobs.
  8. Put a word in for me will you? Thanks.
  9. Auld-Yin

Politician by any chance :cry:
  10. I thought the TA were already over-stretched delivering troops to Iraq & Afghanistan? certainly the TA Inf is.
  11. Auld-Yin

Put the Movers into civ airports, then maybe military airtrooping flights might work more smoothly :wink:
  12. f$£^&in hell,lebanon for the brits!,afghanistan,iraq-all rolled into one.you'd be trippin over suicide bombers,israeli's popping you from one side-syria,iran,hizzbolla from the other side-khe san ring a bell !
  13. Holy crap, that was what I thought! Are you all now so indoctrinated with the "Blair's world police force" mantra so start to twitch like a headless chicken with tourettes at the first sign of a new humanitarian "whoopsie"?

Not that I'm having a go, at least us Brits actually give a rats arse, but when exactly will HM forces be overstretched????