TA Bowman - very soon

#1
Well joined TA in 1987 and was told it was coming in shortly....... tonight I've actually seen it on a training programme .....

was it a mirage ???? erm seems the non RSigs maybe waiting a little longer
 
#2
The TA lot whose portals I am currently darkening are Bowmanalising as I write.
 
#3
Dr_Evil said:
The TA lot whose portals I am currently darkening are Bowmanalising as I write.
but wiith what?

Bowman light.

Naff.

It's been cadre'ised for TA to gain familiarity in lieu of being an IR.
 
#4
I've heard the TA Signal Regiments will convert next year and will then train the bulk of the TA. Good idea but I'm not convinced it will be resourced with the best people (It'll draw low skilled/paid or out of work TA soldiers).
 
#5
We are Bowmanised already......

And it isnt very user friendly to say the least!

Polar, I thought you were going to come away and 'do it' (bigboy) with us?
 
#6
Mmm, you believe your training program??!!

Our training program had a course on the new DII last Jan, but got pulled and we've not heard or seen anything since.

In the words of the beastie boys, don't believe the hype.

TB
 
#8
TopBadger said:
Mmm, you believe your training program??!!
Maybe, have you all been issued your class 2-1 workbooks yet (No thats not a typo, you do this after your 3-2 workbook and may replace the class 1 entrance test)
 
#10
Been there seen that :). as our T.A unit is part of a Reg unit , weve been playing with it for a while , My Cpl is Adv sig , and moi ( Lcpl ) adv sig and Bowman Inst, and that for a part timer !
 
#11
MrTracey said:
Dr_Evil said:
The TA lot whose portals I am currently darkening are Bowmanalising as I write.
but wiith what?

Bowman light.

Naff.

It's been cadre'ised for TA to gain familiarity in lieu of being an IR.
Dunno mate. Says "All the taste of Bowman with none of the sugar" across the Westland handbook jobbie* they gave me, so you might be right.

Although on the other hand, the course I've been sleeping through is the same one as our nearby regular compadres are doing.

*NB I didn't say "handjob bookie", but it was close
 
#12
Dr_Evil said:
MrTracey said:
Dr_Evil said:
The TA lot whose portals I am currently darkening are Bowmanalising as I write.
but wiith what?

Bowman light.

Naff.

It's been cadre'ised for TA to gain familiarity in lieu of being an IR.
Dunno mate. Says "All the taste of Bowman with none of the sugar" across the Westland handbook jobbie* they gave me, so you might be right.

Although on the other hand, the course I've been sleeping through is the same one as our nearby regular compadres are doing.

*NB I didn't say "handjob bookie", but it was close
Exactly what I've heard, guess we will have a number of arrse threads in the future (and now :twisted: ) on the subject. You could interpret this as the TA aren't inteligent enough to handle BOWMAN, when in reality the low scaling is more down to cost.

A bit of a false economy, I'm pretty sure some in my unit would understand the system far better than the average regular, modern comms systems are leveling the skill gap at a dramatic rate (the gap may even go in favour of the TA). That said, we also have a considerable number of operators that are totally out of their depth.
 
#13
A bit of a false economy, I'm pretty sure some in my unit would understand the system far better than the average regular, modern comms systems are leveling the skill gap at a dramatic rate (the gap may even go in favour of the TA). That said, we also have a considerable number of operators that are totally out of their depth.
More than damn true , half the regs are thick as hell ! Taught some reg´s on a bowman Cse , who couldn´t write properly ! Were as we´ve got 3 or more comp. experts in our troop , who could handle Bowman with ease !!
 
#14
Re: TA Bowman - very soon
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:58 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mmm, you believe your training program??!!

Our training program had a course on the new DII last Jan, but got pulled and we've not heard or seen anything since.

In the words of the beastie boys, don't believe the hype.

TB
I've recently done the DII training, and ended up with my brains dribbling out of my ears. Vogon poetry would be preferable!
 
#15
Dr_Evil said:
The TA lot whose portals I am currently darkening are Bowmanalising as I write.
No no no:

"Whose portals I currently darken"
 
#16
Bravo_Bravo said:
Dr_Evil said:
The TA lot whose portals I am currently darkening are Bowmanalising as I write.
No no no:

"Whose portals I currently darken"
Nope. It's my job to darken them, and that's what I'm doing right now, with this sooty stick they gave me.

*whistles, workingly*

Hey - can you tell what it is yet?
 
#17
RPGTabs said:
Re: TA Bowman - very soon
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:58 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mmm, you believe your training program??!!

Our training program had a course on the new DII last Jan, but got pulled and we've not heard or seen anything since.

In the words of the beastie boys, don't believe the hype.

TB
I've recently done the DII training, and ended up with my brains dribbling out of my ears. Vogon poetry would be preferable!
Hope it wasn't like my DII training.

This is how to logon/open word/send an email*

*delete as applicable

What a waste of 2 hours of my life.

LeBuzzer said:
Maybe, have you all been issued your class 2-1 workbooks yet (No thats not a typo, you do this after your 3-2 workbook and may replace the class 1 entrance test)
I've made my views on Cl 1 clear in the past but this may or may not be a step in the right direction. I didn't mind the old test system, i'm just confident that most Regt YoS (sorry YofS lol) probably just handed the paper out and asked for it back in 2 weeks rather than sat as a test.

Certainly the people I have seen both attending my course and those that have been on previous courses were at best of basic Cl 2 standard at worst less capable that some of my current NFQs.

I only open that Yeomans/PSIs/Class 1 operators that are signing these workbooks are stringent in seeing that they reach the required standard before being sent on the course and not (which is what I fear) that they attend a weekend as a Det Comdr where nothing major goes wrong (ie no one dies) and have the entire book ticked off.

And relax.
 
#18
PotYos said:
Hope it wasn't like my DII training.

This is how to logon/open word/send an email*

*delete as applicable

What a waste of 2 hours of my life.

LeBuzzer said:
Maybe, have you all been issued your class 2-1 workbooks yet (No thats not a typo, you do this after your 3-2 workbook and may replace the class 1 entrance test)
I've made my views on Cl 1 clear in the past but this may or may not be a step in the right direction. I didn't mind the old test system, i'm just confident that most Regt YoS (sorry YofS lol) probably just handed the paper out and asked for it back in 2 weeks rather than sat as a test.

Certainly the people I have seen both attending my course and those that have been on previous courses were at best of basic Cl 2 standard at worst less capable that some of my current NFQs.

I only open that Yeomans/PSIs/Class 1 operators that are signing these workbooks are stringent in seeing that they reach the required standard before being sent on the course and not (which is what I fear) that they attend a weekend as a Det Comdr where nothing major goes wrong (ie no one dies) and have the entire book ticked off.

And relax.
Well said. I was initially was really concerned with the workbook but I think its workable, not like the 3-2 class workbook which isn't without a lot of aid/tuition.

But people being signed off without meeting the right standards or Sgts being sub standard !!!!!!!! Yeah I've seen that
 
#20
Dr_Evil said:
Bravo_Bravo said:
Dr_Evil said:
The TA lot whose portals I am currently darkening are Bowmanalising as I write.
No no no:

"Whose portals I currently darken"
Nope. It's my job to darken them, and that's what I'm doing right now, with this sooty stick they gave me.
I stand corrected, and hope that your Corner Shop prospers.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads