TA Bowman - very soon

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Oct 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well joined TA in 1987 and was told it was coming in shortly....... tonight I've actually seen it on a training programme .....

was it a mirage ???? erm seems the non RSigs maybe waiting a little longer

2. The TA lot whose portals I am currently darkening are Bowmanalising as I write.

3. but wiith what?

Bowman light.

Naff.

It's been cadre'ised for TA to gain familiarity in lieu of being an IR.

4. I've heard the TA Signal Regiments will convert next year and will then train the bulk of the TA. Good idea but I'm not convinced it will be resourced with the best people (It'll draw low skilled/paid or out of work TA soldiers).

5. We are Bowmanised already......

And it isnt very user friendly to say the least!

Polar, I thought you were going to come away and 'do it' (bigboy) with us?

6. Mmm, you believe your training program??!!

Our training program had a course on the new DII last Jan, but got pulled and we've not heard or seen anything since.

In the words of the beastie boys, don't believe the hype.

TB

7. We've been told that our annual camp next year is dedicated to training and familiarisation of Bowman. Will have to wait and see what comes of it next October.

8. Maybe, have you all been issued your class 2-1 workbooks yet (No thats not a typo, you do this after your 3-2 workbook and may replace the class 1 entrance test)

9. Public enemy, TB

10. Been there seen that :). as our T.A unit is part of a Reg unit , weve been playing with it for a while , My Cpl is Adv sig , and moi ( Lcpl ) adv sig and Bowman Inst, and that for a part timer !

11. Dunno mate. Says "All the taste of Bowman with none of the sugar" across the Westland handbook jobbie* they gave me, so you might be right.

Although on the other hand, the course I've been sleeping through is the same one as our nearby regular compadres are doing.

*NB I didn't say "handjob bookie", but it was close

12. Exactly what I've heard, guess we will have a number of arrse threads in the future (and now :twisted: ) on the subject. You could interpret this as the TA aren't inteligent enough to handle BOWMAN, when in reality the low scaling is more down to cost.

A bit of a false economy, I'm pretty sure some in my unit would understand the system far better than the average regular, modern comms systems are leveling the skill gap at a dramatic rate (the gap may even go in favour of the TA). That said, we also have a considerable number of operators that are totally out of their depth.

13. A bit of a false economy, I'm pretty sure some in my unit would understand the system far better than the average regular, modern comms systems are leveling the skill gap at a dramatic rate (the gap may even go in favour of the TA). That said, we also have a considerable number of operators that are totally out of their depth.
    More than damn true , half the regs are thick as hell ! Taught some reg´s on a bowman Cse , who couldn´t write properly ! Were as we´ve got 3 or more comp. experts in our troop , who could handle Bowman with ease !!

14. I've recently done the DII training, and ended up with my brains dribbling out of my ears. Vogon poetry would be preferable!

15. No no no:

"Whose portals I currently darken"