TA Bounty

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Ninja_Turtle, Aug 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this is an old subject that has been thrashed to death, but here goes....

I have been in the TA approx 19 months, in my first year I attended 2 camps (the unit camp, and Recruits course) and every training weekend bar 2.

April came and I was looking forward to spending my bounty on beer/holiday/rubbish from e-bay. No bounty came. I was told in a rather confusing way that I do not qualify for my bounty because I am in my first year with the unit. After asking about and my staffy kicking up a bit of a fuss I was then told that I either took my 1st year bounty and received nothing in my last year or put up with it and receive a bounty in my final year (even more confusing?!). This was apparently a retention incentive ???????

Why do they advertise the 1st year bounty if they have no intention of giving it to you? I'm not in it for the money, but it's a bit of a kick in the teeth when the Unit Wasters turn in for their 1 CFT/1 APWT and 1ITD weekends and qualify when there are hard working juniors who are there week in week out and miss out.

Ps. How do I sort out pay, I'm still getting payed as a Rct despite being a L/Cpl?
  2. Ask for an OC's interview about making a redress of grievance. That should get the PSI/Admin wallah thinking. If you don't get the answer tell the OC you are not happy and request a CO's interview. That will solve your problem, unless there are very good reasons why you are not getting paid.

And next time post this sort of thing on the TA forum where as a pure TA thing it belongs (and yes I am a Territorial).
  3. NT, you should definatley check.

You may be in the same situation I was in, I joined at 17 and in the latter part of the training year.

Joining in the wrong part of the year means you can't get your bounty (I think its somewhere around autumn). Come the following April I did get the 1st but was a little narked I'd become fully trained in 3 months and received nowt (and done more MTDs than many during my short time in the TA)

Your SSgt seems to be not helping you thou...... mIne would
  4. msr

msr LE

It cannot be done to death until the TA addresses the chronic loss of personnel in the first three years of service.

Failing to get bounties sorted does not help this issue.

5. A Lance Jack after 19 Months? Jesus Christ. No wonder the Regs take the p1ss. :roll:
  6. Sounds like you've been hit with the part-year bounty argument.

You can either get a part year bounty in your first year or your last year. It makes sense to get your part-year bounty in your last year because its more money than your first year.

Why you aren't allowed two part-year bounties I have no idea - beancounting no doubt.
  7. Whats wrong with that, I was on a Pte-LCpl course after 18mnths (then transferred the month after). NT may be an ex-cadet like I was
  8. msr

msr LE

Or ex-reg...

9. If an ex-reg, they wouldn't be starting on a year one bounty. :wink:

Ex-Cadets getting quicker promotion? We're doomed. :cry:
  10. msr

msr LE

Not if he's been out for more then 3 years :wink:

11. I bow to your infinite knowledge. However, getting back to the point. It's still a travesty that this bloke has been promoted to Lance Jack after 19 months with no APPARENT ex-reg knowledge.
  12. Monkeys get a stripe out of Basic Training don't they?

Under Crewman2000, the chap has probably ticked all the right boxes and might have had his lobotomy earlier in life, thus qualifying for a position of command.

13. Don't Int boys get one as well? No wonder the regs give us abuse.
  14. I know of one soldier who was holding a Infantry Sgts slot after 3 1/2 years in the TA, (a Sgt was 'sacked' so they could swap jobs)
  15. That really is shocking. I'm not advocating a time barrier on promotion, but it's a matter of experiance and ability. It took me 4 years (and 14 days) from attestation to First Tape, that included an Op Tour and being top Student on all trade courses. When Monkeys, Scalies, AGC, etc dish out promotions, willy nilly, it de-values the rest of us.