TA Bounty

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by peteisfishing, Sep 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know what the min bounty qualifying criterea ( Matts, camp & MTD's) is for someone leaving the Army and joining the TA straight away? After 22 yrs service that is.....

2. It's the same as it is for the rest of the unit you join (as reduced this year because of the lack of budget) - except you go on to the 5 year + rate immediately. I suspect that, if you have already completed your MATTs this year as a reg, that can be allowed.

3. Wrong. See 2007DIN01-014 (excerpts of which are below):

Reduced Annual Training Requirement. The current regulations for the gaining of the TA Bounty are listed
    in Reference A. These will be reduced under this scheme from the current 27 days specified for the Regional TA to
    just 19 days mandatory training, for both Regional and National TA units . This does not have to include mandatory
    attendance on the 15 day Annual Camp, or any of the other alternatives to Camp as specified in Reference A. This
    concession is based on the logic that recently retired ex-Servicemen have enough residual experience to reduce
    the need to complete some basic training each year, and the normal TA MATTs requirements for that unit can be relaxed. Listed at Annex A are the revised MATT requirements under this scheme. There is of course no requirement
    to limit a soldier if he wants to take MATTs to a higher level, nor to attend more than the reduced training requirement
    or indeed Annual Camp or alternatives.

MATT REQUIRMENT DURING THE 3 YEAR INCENTIVISATION PERIOD
    Current TA requirement.....................Incentivisation concession
    MATT Level 2....................................MATT Level 3
    Pass 1 - Shooting..............................Wpn Handling test only
    Pass 2 – Fitness................................Pass PFT only
    Pass 3 – First Aid..............................BCD only
    Pass 4 – NBC...................................No
    Pass 5 – map reading........................No
    Attend 6 – Values/standards...............Attend

4. Noted :(

5. Don't worry mate, I'm that sad b*stard that actually goes looking for DINs in the locked filing cupboard in the basement protected by signs saying 'beware of the tiger'.........

:D

6. Thanks for the info, is the PFT a mandatory pass now or is it an 'Attemp'?

I think my unit may be getting this wrong but I am not too sure.........

7. Bounty = PFT attempt
    Ops = PFT Pass