TA bounty question

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by watch_the_birdie, Sep 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've had some conflicting answers on this, so I'll probably have some more on here.

I did 4 years of TA and got my bounty every year without fail. Then I took about 6 months out due to moving to a new job and new part of the country etc. and joined a new unit. I didn't get my bounty that year as although I did all MATTs I could not get the time off work to do a 15 day camp, amongst a few other personal issues which prevented me going on a camp. So no bounty this spring just gone.

However this year I will qualify having done all MATTs and annual camp already.

The question is, because I missed out on the bounty last year, do I get bumped down to the "year one rate" or not, for the bounty in spring 2010?

Some say I will, and some say I won't. The difference of bounties for someone being in 1 year and someone being in 6 years is significant. Just wondering, so I can clear up the debate...

2. You remain on the higher rate

3. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Yup you remain on the higher rate happened to me for the 2007/08 training year

4. You can do a course in lieu or a reduced 9 day camp or you can do courses over the weekends ie BCDT, Assistant CBRN, CMCQ etc then they can go towards your Camp days as well.

Stilts

5. Stay on higher - I took two years out when mobilised and came back on 5th year rate.