TA bounty and being a CCF instructor?

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by ab_rob, Dec 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would appreciate any information as to weather as a cadet instructor I would be entitled to the tax free bounty that the TA recieve. Ive just left the regs after 9 years and bumped into an old cadet instructor from my days in the ccf- I have agreed to help out but was just interested to know if I would be entitled to the bounty or indeed any other pay/ allowances! As an ex full screw im slightly miffed about having to do the whole commision thing but I suppose being out ranked by a 16 year old cadet SSM isnt really on lol!
    Any advice would be helpful.

2. msr

msr LE

You are in the cadets and want a TA bounty?

Think about it....

msr

3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Reasonable question - the answer is no. Cadet Instructors don't get a bounty. They do get paid for up weekends and annual camp up to 28 day a year.

You could, of course. join the TA.

4. haha after 9 years in the regs im not massively keen on joining the TA, just fancied 'putting something back in' cheers for the answer.. merry christmas

5. As an ex reg full screw, you will have a lot to offer the TA. Go to them and get the bounty!

6. Theres nothing wrong with being in the TA and being a ACF instructor at the same time, I was.

7. Then don't join the CCF. Join the ACF instead. With your experience you might get straight in as a Staff Sgt Instructor (after completing mandatory courses)

The ACF is much better than the CCF. Not so well equipped, but better led, and twice as much training.
    No cadet can outrank an adult, whatever rank they think they hold. No cadet can ever be in 'Loco parentis' and legally responsible for other cadets, so a cadet simply, legally cannot outrank any appointed adult under any circumstances. any cadet trying it on needs to be severely gripped!