TA Army Jobs Application Site Down

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by JAY52, Apr 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Am just curious has anyone else ex reg or not, on trying to login to proceed with your application been met with a continuous 'Sorry we are unable to proceed with your request' message? I've been on phone to Capita no help there, I have tried 3 browsers, emailed the site managers no reply of course, am wondering if this is not an isolated case and has anyone been successful in last week or so with logging in?

2. Perhaps they're trying to tell you something?

3. Yes I prob have better things to do with my time than taking a trip down memory lane.

4. Hours are: Tuesday 1930-2130 & Weekends 0900-1700

• Like Like x 1
  5. The TA arent really recruiting. 2020 is a smoke screen.

6. Hello mate, yeah i'm having the same drama. I visited the unit I wished to join yesterday and was advised to apply online due to recruitment being out sourced. This is gonna make the whole process slow and laborious as due to being out less than a year, with my medical still in date, if it was done through the old system it would have been a case of getting my med-docs from APC Glasgow and re-attesting.
    Pain in my anus!...

7. Sorry to hear you've fallen foul to the shit site as well. Don't bother calling CAPITA like I have (twice) they are ******* useless and can't help. Yeah I spoke to the unit I wished to join, they said the same, it's all online. I've emailed the IT geeks who run the site and the turds haven't got back to me either.

8. Set up account no problem, logged in 1st time no problem, did the initial personal details stuff, then when I went to proceed with the Application...Sorry Error blah blah. Been this way for two weeks +. I've tried 3 browsers, deleting cookies, history, Spoke to CAPITA (useless), AFCO (they said site is shit), and emailed the turds who maintain site..**** all reply. If you've got any tips then post them as there's tons of people in same situation. Cheers.

9. Just wanted to add that I am having the exact same issues and have also tried all browsers, deleting cookies etc and still no luck. At least it's not just me then.

I've now tried 2 laptops using 3 browsers and the iPad and still no luck so I'm confident it's the site with the problem.

10. I wonder what Capita are saying about it? I haven't submitted mine yet... but if there is an error message - you could copy and paste the message onto google and see what that error message means... then let us know what it says.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

11. I've spoken to CAPITA twice about this issue, they don't have a ******* clue what's going on and their advice was/is...er keep trying. I've emailed the company responsible and heard **** all back. I've emailed Army Jobs via FB and they were useless, the AFCO said Capita are shite, the process is all over the shop at the moment. It's nearly a month now it's been down, that's not ******* good enough. I'm surprised there hasn't been more complaints on here about it, then again maybe we're the handful who can be arsed to join lol.

12. You must really want to join the TA!

13. It's either there is an IT problem or capita can't keep up with the volume of applicants and have purposely shut the site down for a bit until they clear their backlog?! I'm just guessing.... hmmm

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

14. Slightly off topic but my application did go through on the site at the beginning of April but so far I've not heard anything, what's the expected processing time from submitting to getting a response? And how does it all work? I've previously completed AFCO4, RG8 etc which were ready to submit but then I was told to scrap them for the new process, and they were a lot more comprehensive than the online form, do you get a more detailed form if you get past the first stage? My application process started ages ago but due to past problems (see my first ever arrse post) it's a bit 50/50 if I'll be accepted, and I just want to know now so I can either get stuck in or move on.