TA aren't allowed to train

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by blackmetallic, Jan 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yet again, I am not allowed to do a training weekend, this time because the weather in Swynerton. I received three text messages over this. This is not an unusual occurance, wasn't allowed to go a weekend at Catterick because of heavy rain, even though a number of us turned up for the training.

So, the question is, why won't the heirarchy allow the personnel who want to train actually do training in, ahem, "uncomfortable" conditions?

2. Because it'll look bad if you snuff it?

• Like Like x 1
  3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Because they understand just how weak and incapable you are?

• Like Like x 5
  4. Don't be nasty, he's a steely eyed dealer of death - at the weekend.

• Like Like x 3
  5. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

I would say you have been unlucky. My unit cancelled training this weekend, and that is the first time i can remember that happening in 15 years.

6. Not unlucky, just a unit run by people who want their comfort more than they want trained personnel

• Like Like x 1
  7. Despite the accumulated field experience of a 12 year Boy Scout, it appears that someone in the upper echelons of military policy planning realises that you're probably a bit too shit to play in the snow.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I wonder how much outdoor training took place at the SofInf at Brecon today and scheduled for this weekend?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Because their isn't a MATT for building snowmen.

10. Nor indeed for spelling

11. I remember going to Swynnerton in February it was very cold, we laid line through some water I didn't like it very much. My FFR got very dirty and I got water in my boots. It was odd as we had to drive on the wrong side of the road and it was very cold.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cock off, Ive had a shitty week dealing with TA :)

13. The answer is simple. Someone who doesn't like you has access to the armynet text thing and is chinning you off because they think you're a cock. If you turned up at the original location of the training weekend tomorrow at 0700 that'd ******* teach em.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 2