TA application

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by mjmac, Apr 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly congratulations if you managed to fill in your TA Application on the Army Jobs site as its been fucked for a month...what's your secret??? As for hearing anything back I wouldn't go cancelling any holidays, CAPITA will be dealing and they are Shite.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Yeah, good luck. You'll be waiting a long time. Worth it but use this time to get your fitness up.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah on the 2nd of April I managed to create an account and login/fill in initial details, ever since then can't login, can't do application, Capita haven't got a clue/can't help, AFCO can't help they say it's down to Capita, Website managers won't reply to emails, been nearly a month now...total Dog Shit and useless ***** comes to mind. Hope you have better luck. PS: I'm not the only one having this issue, others on here are having same experience.
  4. the entire thing has become a massive joke.
    This just highlights the issue we all said would happen when they went from a dude with a pen sat at a desk to a computer that just says 'no!!' how many people have tried to apply and fucked it off because of these problems.

God help us!!
  5. You have to apply? Can't you just turn up on a Tuesday night?
  6. Yes you now have to apply online (it's fucked). You can pop along to your chosen unit and they will give you an insight into roles available in the unit/pro's and con's, however paperwork is now in the hands of CAPITA, but don't bother expecting any insight from their staff as they haven't got a ******* clue as to why the online application site isn't working, believe me I've tried everything and emailed spoken to every twat and they will not give a reason, so here's my opinion: Since it went live Capita were overwhelmed with applications or their systems are in total chaos/Shit, so they've shut the application server down until they get their act together and sort out the backlog. They also pretend to be completely oblivious to the problem as I have experienced. The strange think is the rest of the site works fine...hmmm??
  7. I'm having the same issues, I've tried to find out what is going on and nobody replies or gives a reason. I agree with JAY52, I would guess they have done this on purpose to catch up with applications or to sort out any mess they might have. I can't believe a website of this standard would have a problem for such a long time, they would have had IT engineers straight on it and fixed within a day or two so I believe it's intentional. I would personally have preferred a note saying "We are not receiving applications for the near future" or words to that effect and not just an error message. The whole business is very frustrating.
  8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Depends whether the unit has bothered to engage with them, build relationships with their relevant point of contact, provided helpful feedback rather than just slag them off etc.

This isn't in the hands of the applicant unfortunately.
  9. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

The unit contacting the NRC shouldn't make any difference. The applicant doesn't need to identify a unit initially so the NRC won't know at this stage where the applicant wants to go.
  10. It's ******* insulting to peoples intelligence that CAPITA can't be straight up about it 4 weeks on. I can't believe that CAPITA couldn't resolve the problem as already mentioned in a few days, I wonder if they are also giving priority to those leaving service under tranche 3, which is fair enough but hey put something on the ******* website you twats. If this continues they are going to lose applicants. Somebody should highlight it to the press that the Flagship recruitment process under CAPITA is in total utter chaos.
  11. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

But if the applicant does know which unit they wish to join?