TA AOSB & Breifing

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ReadySalted, Dec 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I joined the TA as a soldier, and completed my Basic Training in The Summer. (I had condensed into about 5 weeks, rather than over weekends).
    I have sinced looked into applying to be an Officer in the TA, and researched the qualifications needed to apply. After a disagreement with what I was told by many people, and what was stated in all the recruiting literature and TA recruitment DVDs etc. It came to be, that you need 5 GCSEs. (Not 5 GCSEs and two A-Levels as I was being told).
    Last night I was given a list of dates to choose from for my AOSB Briefing weekend.
    I have a brother in the army and I'll consult him about this matter, and a brother who did the Welbeck RCB who I will also ask for advice, however I thought here would be a good place to come for some tips and advice about both weekends (Breif, and actual AOSB).
    From what I've heard, I have alot of nerding up to do on Politics, and current affairs. But are there any particular areas I need to know better than others?
    Any general advice, information etc. About the two weekends, what it takes to become a TA Officer, etc. Will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.
  2. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

You will need to know how not to march or salute, thats a must for all officers. You may want to find out about the pro's and con's of a frontal labotomy(sp). You will also need to mad to grid any common sence you may have. Other than that, good luck.
  3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You are asking this in the NAAFI - you must be insane! Forck off to the orfficers forum where you will probably find the q has been asked and answered B4 ad nauseum.
  4. Beat a granny to death with her walking stick and then wee on her poodle.
    Plod will give you a briefing and an ASBO for that.
  5. Learn to spell the word "brief". As a TA officer most of your briefs will be crap but at least learn to spell them correctly.
  6. Come and sit at my knee. I will teach you how we Spartans train soldiers. It will make you a man.
  7. You need to forget how to map read believe you know every soldiers job better than them even if theyve been doing it for longer than youve been wipeing your own arrse and you need to forget how to iron your kit
  8. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

bllx, I knew I forgot something.
  9. It would help if you started thinking about keeping abreast of current affairs as an essential part of the job and not 'nerding'.

The ability to ignore the baiting of the lower orders and rule them with benevolent paternalism concealing an iron fist wouldn't go astray...

<Sets new best time for the 2.4km...>
  10. Are you circumsised ??

Remember you need to be a complete prick to be an officer