TA and the Taliban

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by sundance, Jul 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen and advert for this, may be of interest. Did a quick search and didnt see any other threads on it.

TA and the Taliban

Hopefully It will provide an accurate picture of the realities of TA mobilisation without becoming a "look how hard we have it" whingefest

• Like Like x 1
  2. I doubt it will be helpful. Frankly we (the TA) should be making a concerted effort to keep a low profile at the moment and being as "one army" as possible not emphasising our seperateness. BSN and KAF? Who gives a ****. I can hear the cries of derision already.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I bet this will be for the TA what that REMF fest 'warzone' was for the RAF.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Very shrewd.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I hope not, but it could well be cringeworthy hence my
    comment. When I say the realities of TA mobilisation I mean mainly squaring it that you still have a job to come back to, if it takes the "this is really tough I miss my wife and kids" angle then its missed the point, the blokes that its filming will all have volunteered to go and the regs dont have that luxury. However I do share theblindkings concern that this could drive the wedge deeper between the TA and the regular army, depending on how its filmed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I don't need to watch it to know that it's going to be shit. They've spent all that time filming and haven't worked out that their subjects aren't recruits and aren't beginning their lives as part-time soldiers, but as full-time soldiers.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Did you hear about as part as budget cuts,csome regular army soldiers are going to be replaced on the frontline by TA?

• Like Like x 1
  8. For those interested this starts on the 4th August on Watch

• Like Like x 1
  9. Given we no longer have National Service, you are quite wrong.

• Like Like x 3
  10. *deleted*

oops, sorry. I thought this was going to be a thread asking if you could join both.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

They could have called it 'Terry and the Terriers'.

• Like Like x 4
  12. These jokers followed me around for a bit, filmed my last day at work, filmed the parents etc but lost interest when my girlfriend refused to let them film her crying or us saying goodbye before I left. I remember having to do some "fake typing" while not being able to see my computer screen because the screen wasn't in the right (ie in front of my face) place.

The fact that there wasn't enough crying in the bits they filmed with me should tell you about the slant they are putting on it. The woman who filmed me said they were more interested in the human interest than anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ditto for me, only interested in getting the emotional goodbye with the family, refused. My wife was told I would be filmed in theatre, but they were having trouble getting transport to my location. Didn't hear anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ...and were you both recruits, about to learn how to be part-time soldiers (as the spiel indicated)?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Is Bravo Bravo in it? :eye:

• Like Like x 2