TA All Arm Drill Course

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by superred21a, Mar 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anybody attended the TA All Arms Drill Course. I am thinking of putting my name down for it as it would help me as i go up the senior ranks. Where is it and do they teach from the basics?

2. msr

msr LE

Ask your PSI.

3. Thanks for that gem !

4. I thought you were off to chillwell? We dont 'form square' to engage the enemy these days you know!!!!

5. It has a few subtle differences to the proper army drill course

You wil learn how to form you troops into a gaggle formation and the correct way to meander from A to B

You will also learn how to halt your troops with words of command such as:

CLIPITY CLOP SQUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAD STOP

Oh and remember to always say please and thank you at the appropriate time
    :wink:

6. Still got to look ahead though , very witty post I like it I like it a lot.

7. I havent known anyone do it for years. The last bloke I kew did it at Pirbright. 2 weeks of drill, pretty much from the basics with plenty of drinking. He loved it but that must have been at least 10yrs ago.

8. I did it last year. It is now run up in sunny Catterick, 2 weeks dress is CS95 and you learn/teach 2 drill movements per day, foot drill, quick march, slow march weapon drill etc.

Not much bullshite, or get you pissed or hedge to play in!

Get your head in to the Drill Manual as it will make learning the phrases / lessons easier.

Stilts

9. You forgot, 'Move to the right you column of shite, Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..... TURN!' :D

10. Or

SQUAD WILL RETIRE ABOUUUUUUUUT……………………………Off to the bar we go then :p

11. When considering you for promotion I don't think that anybody really gives a flying fcuk about your ability or otherwise to teach drill.

There are, possibly, a couple of more useful skills,

12. Not sure anything that advanced is actually covered.

13. Unless you consider being on a course with sex-offending cadet instructors, walt cadet instructers, locally promoted regular Sgts who will hate you, obese TA SSgts that are only there because their unit won't send them on any other course for 2 weeks to be a unique challenge, then you are correct.

14. Once you've done that course there's another one you may be interested in. It teaches you all you need to know about instructing in the different methods of whitewashing coal. It's great and completely relevant to the cash strapped modern army.
    It even covers all the H&S aspects as well. :lol:

15. Wouldn't SAA instructor or PTI be a more useful course, in fact pretty much any instructional course be better than fecking drill!!! Or do you just want to large it with a pace stick and cliched expressions?