TA Airborne units

Got chatting to an RLC TA lad and he asked besides 4 PARA how many TA units are Airborne, I mentioned all that fall into the SF role and 395 AD Tp RLC but could not find a definitive list,anyone help on this.

266 Para Bty, part of 100 Regt RA. Regiment is based in the Midlands, London and Bristol.
All Regt Personnel can do P coy and/or the Commando Course.

JP47 said:
Got chatting to an RLC TA lad and he asked besides 4 PARA how many TA units are Airborne, I mentioned all that fall into the SF role and 395 AD Tp RLC but could not find a definitive list,anyone help on this.
Fully qual'd para units are:
4 Para
299 Para Sqn RE
21 and 23 SAS
266 Para Bty RA
144 Para Med Sqn RAMC

others have Para roled LSNs:
131 Cdo Sqn RE
63 (SAS) Sigs Sqn

(these below have the right to bid for P Coy but I understand its rare):
395 AD Tp RLC
the remainder of 100 RA
457 AD Bty RA

Any more?

Sapukay said:
JP47 said:
Fully qual'd para units are:
4 Para
299 Para Sqn RE
21 and 23 SAS
266 Para Bty RA
144 Para Med Sqn RAMC

others have Para roled LSNs:
131 Cdo Sqn RE
63 (SAS) Sigs Sqn

(these below have the right to bid for P Coy but I understand its rare):
395 AD Tp RLC
the remainder of 100 RA
457 AD Bty RA

Any more?
I would like to know where you heard that one from ? I know the Bty is supposed to support 21 Bty but, as far as I know, they don't do the course, and I should know

wellyhead said:
Sapukay said:
JP47 said:
457 AD Bty RA

Any more?
I would like to know where you heard that one from ? I know the Bty is supposed to support 21 Bty but, as far as I know, they don't do the course, and I should know
I know you should know :) . Last I checked (2004) any member of the bty could bid for P coy (due to reinforcing 21 Bty), but none had in donkeys years.

Sapukay said:
wellyhead said:
Sapukay said:
JP47 said:
457 AD Bty RA

Any more?
I know you should know :) . Last I checked (2004) any member of the bty could bid for P coy (due to reinforcing 21 Bty), but none had in donkeys years.

hmmmmm interesting

merlin162 said:
266 Para Bty, part of 100 Regt RA. Regiment is based in the Midlands, London and Bristol.
266 (Para) Bty is now 266 (Cdo) Bty based in Bristol. It changed sometime this year.

coax-on said:
merlin162 said:
266 (Para) Bty is now 266 (Cdo) Bty based in Bristol. It changed sometime this year.

201 air assault battery (100 regt) took up their role in supporting 7 RHA
with 289 troop in romford

my unit is airborne and are currently recruiting ,its the, 2nd airborne mess tin repair unit (oxycetelyne burner) REME, we are actively seeking members of ethnic backgrounds as they are currently under represented. all enquires welcome phone BORDEN 5784589

144 Para Med Sqn have Dets in London, Cardiff, Nottingham and Glasgow.
The Sqn has RLC personnel comprising of Drivers and Chefs.

Hope this helps

Anyone fancy running this up as a wiki page?

msr

static-line-pimp said:
coax-on said:
merlin162 said:

201 air assault battery (100 regt) took up their role in supporting 7 RHA
with 289 troop in romford
289 have some top bods there but since they where taken over by 201 things quickly went to rat shit. The title Air Assault Battery is a very loose title with regards to being airborne. P-Coy was scrapped there some time ago. Commando course has not been undertaken there since 289 Commando Battery was folded and turned into 289 (Parachute) Troop, part of 266 Battery (PARA). Which, as was discussed above, also doesn't exist anymore.
Hope this helps. TBM

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Infantry 54
O The Intelligence Cell 44
63SIGS Army Reserve 15