TA AAC

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by opswalla, Nov 28, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are there any ex groundies out their wanting to join the AAC TA at Netheravon.
    Its a good crack totally different from the regs and the beer is cheap.
    At the minute it is full of old (and i mean old) groundies not ex aac regs, there are a chosen few of us ex aac trying to recruit other ex regs so give it a try. ;D :-[ ;D

2. tempting,

the thought of pushing & pulling smelly cabs in and out for airtests & jollies in the pouring rain, doesn't really come close to the thought of drinking ice cold beer in an emporium full of scantily clad totty.

I have only just got the smell of avtur out of my system and ive been out seven years,

3. Pushing and pulling and refuelling is all done by bristows in camp, on exercise fuel is supplied by groundies, and we are always in the bar at opening time and never miss a night on the pop.

4. MMMmm, still not tempting.  Does the local have lots of scanty clad young girlies, p1ssed on alco pops?

Plus, is there any marching?

Is there any shouting?

Do you rejoin with the same rank?

Were do you sleep?  In the hanger?

And, MDN, you may not have a choice soon.  If the yanks kick off with Sadarse Hussian, you may get a brown letter through the post, and that's not a code word for a poof knocking on your door !! ;D  

5. Gunny , no marching, yes there is a very good chance of retaining rank, no shouting, no fitness except 4 mile cft twice a year.
    As for youn girlies, only when there are parachute courses being run and then there are plenty.

6. Is this only open to retired groundies, or do the rest of us have a shout?

Done quite a bit of flying , so i know not to stand too close to the whirry thing at the back, I can drive, and how much skill does it take to refuel the leg?

7. part time pongo,
    Whats a whirry thing is that the thing you should not run into.

Sqn is open to anyone i think aircrew has a long waiting list but not sure.

8. I would love to join, but, unfortunately, since leaving our beloved Corps, I have a Jaguar to drive, a fairly decent missus to sh*g and a pot of money to count.

Now, I could give this up every weekend to push gazelles, but.........

9. old retired groundie,
    You would be suprised to see the amount of money floating around the groundcrew and the cars they drive.
    We don't do it for the £55 a day , we spend that in the bar at a night.
    There is a wide range of buisness men ,hotel managers airline ops, etc

10. The whiry thing at the back that spins very fast...Wessex/Scout, but not on the Gazz of course

Not interested in Aircrew, too much chance of getting zapped. But if you want a bowser towing, or an aircraft pushing from A 2 B and cammed up, or even some Inf. skills in the unit...*Stop shuddering* then I wouldn't mind a trip down to see.....

11. would rather be clubbed to within an inch of my life with an ash pole, then have cocktail sticks forced down my finger nails.

On the other hand do they have a sigs det?

12. I don't remember typing that, fcuk me I must have been p1ssed ;D

13. OPS WALLA,
    I CAN'T BELIEVE THESE NUMPTIES BELIEVE WE PUSH CABS ABOUT, DO MARCHING UP AND DOWN AND GET SHOUTED AT!!!!!!!! PLEASE INFORM THEM THAT THE FRONTAL LABOTOMY ON DE-MOB WAS SUCCESSFUL AND THAT LIFE IN 7 REGT. IS LIKE BEING A CIVVIE IN GREEN.
    WE GET TO DO ALL THE GOOD BITS WITHOUT THE C--P AND DRINK LOTS OF BEER. INFANTRY STUFF.....? YEAH, LOADS OF GUCCI WARY STUFF (IF YOU PASS SELECTION FOR HUGREP - HOO YAH, ALL THE WAY) CAN'T TELL U BOUT THAT STUFF THOUGH (CLASSIFIED)AND FREE TRIPS ABROAD THROWN IN. U COULD HAVE MY PLACE, I'M OFF SOON. 8)

14. OPS WALLA,
    I CAN'T BELIEVE THESE NUMPTIES BELIEVE WE PUSH CABS ABOUT, DO MARCHING UP AND DOWN AND GET SHOUTED AT!!!!!!!! PLEASE INFORM THEM THAT THE FRONTAL LABOTOMY ON DE-MOB WAS SUCCESSFUL AND THAT LIFE IN 7 REGT. IS LIKE BEING A CIVVIE IN GREEN.
    WE GET TO DO ALL THE GOOD BITS WITHOUT THE C--P AND DRINK LOTS OF BEER. INFANTRY STUFF.....? YEAH, LOADS OF GUCCI WARY STUFF (IF YOU PASS SELECTION FOR HUGREP - HOO YAH, ALL THE WAY) CAN'T TELL U BOUT THAT STUFF THOUGH (CLASSIFIED)AND FREE TRIPS ABROAD THROWN IN. U COULD HAVE MY PLACE, I'M OFF SOON. 8)

15. Its that good I posted it twice................duh McFly!!!!!!