TA 100 pageant

ugly

LE
Tickets arrived this morning for tomorrows do, too late to send them back as I have to work, typical on the bus off the bus Admin! :roll:
Pity as I wanted to go!

they haven't been completely on the ball, i'm going, no tickets, i'll be annoying the ushers quite a lot then.

The_Duke

LE
quiller said:
they haven't been completely on the ball, i'm going, no tickets, i'll be annoying the ushers quite a lot then.
Really? Why do you think you are going then? No tickets = no entry.

Make sure you have a contingency plan for what to do with your Saturday afternoon in the event that the ushers do not agree with your plan.

ugly

LE
Cant even send you my ticket. Yours may arrive tomorrow am?

the ushers will (should?) have a nominal roll with our seating plan, that side of things is supposed to have been sorted.

the single person from my unit who did receive a ticket had his rank on the address, not a major problem for the mainland, but over in province, we're still a bit sensitive.

do they have bars in london?

The_Duke

LE
quiller said:
the ushers will (should?) have a nominal roll with our seating plan, that side of things is supposed to have been sorted.

the single person from my unit who did receive a ticket had his rank on the address, not a major problem for the mainland, but over in province, we're still a bit sensitive.

do they have bars in london?
Good luck with finding an usher willing to sift through the hundreds/thousands of names to find yours!

Bars? Loads of them!

he'll just feckin have too, there's 15 of us, flights and hotels booked and paid for.

I have been told that 2 coaches from north of the boarder have been turned around as they didn't have tickets. 8O

The website now have this helpful advice....
TA100 PAGEANT
With regards to the pageant on Saturday 21st June 2008 - if you have still not received your tickets through the post but applied for them before the 9th of June on the website you will have been allocated tickets, so please turn up and go to the Helpdesk. Please bring some form of photographic I.D. with you.
If you applied for tickets through your unit and they have not arrived then again please go to the Helpdesk. Could you also bring some photographic I.D. with you.
The Helpdesk will be situated at both entrances. One at The Mall entrance and one at The Clive Steps entrance.
TA 100 Website

It might be wise to get there early. Hope you get in.

None of my soldiers have received their tickets, so you're not alone.

I am at the rehearsals and it is beginning to get bigger than Ben Hur! It looks and feels very good. The whole thing is sold out completely so unless you are clutching tickets or are on a promise, you will find it hard to get in.

Lots of good gear, big screens, CVRT, 1/2 tracks, MLRS and lots of bands and music. And 650 blokes on parade, 6000 in the audience.

I will look fwd to the DVD. It will be on the TV tomorrow night, BBC and ITV.

Beenaround said:
Lots of good gear, big screens, CVRT, 1/2 tracks, MLRS .
Some people are going to be very disappointed when they turn up at their local TAC...

msr

Goku said:
Beenaround said:
It will be on the TV tomorrow night, BBC and ITV.
What time?

The closest I can find is Dads Army on BBC2 tomorrow
Nope looked at all the schedules on t'internet cant find it antwhere, reality cop things, people with wierd diseases and that BB sh*te no problems TA 100 whats that? Glad I've got a ticket for me and mine. the only way they are going to see it.

Beenaround said:
I am at the rehearsals and it is beginning to get bigger than Ben Hur! It looks and feels very good. The whole thing is sold out completely so unless you are clutching tickets or are on a promise, you will find it hard to get in.

Lots of good gear, big screens, CVRT, 1/2 tracks, MLRS and lots of bands and music. And 650 blokes on parade, 6000 in the audience.

Guess you're working in the TA100 Project Office then

Beenaround said:

i am here too just got back from rehearsals on Horse Guards hallowed turf.

an amusing moment when the Guards RSM called for the Boer war contingent. it confused the hell out of us until a group of cadets appeared sprinting onto the parade. The RSMs face was a sight to behold.

it does look very impressive. good turnout already with a lot more to come in the early hours.

i'll be marshalling tomorrow and i'll be looking out for ARRSE badges and ties. if i spot any i'll know where the hipflasks are being hidden :lol:

quiller said:
Organisation on par with TA pay and bounties, we're used to that. Who'd expect anything different..... :D

That's a fact, Jack. I meant that the BBC and ITV News should carry it. Of course it may feature in a future feature length episode of East Enders and maybe Uncle Albert fm Only Fools and Horses will turn up as the token old fart veteran bloke!

Two up and bags of smoke, hack on Algy!

Well, just sent a bus load down on Thurs night. They seemed quite excited about the prospect of being thrashed around horseguards. My lot were supposed to be staying in Pirbright and then onto Wellington Bks on the sat. You'll be utterly surprised to hear that when they got to Pirbright the plan had changed. Somewhere along the line an Officer has stuck his tuppence worth in and fu*ked it up as usual. :twisted: Any way I hope the boys and girls enjoy the moment, they desrve it! :wink: