TA 100 pageant

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by ugly, Jun 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Tickets arrived this morning for tomorrows do, too late to send them back as I have to work, typical on the bus off the bus Admin! :roll:
    Pity as I wanted to go!

2. they haven't been completely on the ball, i'm going, no tickets, i'll be annoying the ushers quite a lot then.

3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Really? Why do you think you are going then? No tickets = no entry.

Make sure you have a contingency plan for what to do with your Saturday afternoon in the event that the ushers do not agree with your plan.

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Cant even send you my ticket. Yours may arrive tomorrow am?

5. the ushers will (should?) have a nominal roll with our seating plan, that side of things is supposed to have been sorted.

the single person from my unit who did receive a ticket had his rank on the address, not a major problem for the mainland, but over in province, we're still a bit sensitive.

do they have bars in london?

6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Good luck with finding an usher willing to sift through the hundreds/thousands of names to find yours!

Bars? Loads of them!

7. he'll just feckin have too, there's 15 of us, flights and hotels booked and paid for.

8. I have been told that 2 coaches from north of the boarder have been turned around as they didn't have tickets. 8O

The website now have this helpful advice....
    TA 100 Website

It might be wise to get there early. Hope you get in.

None of my soldiers have received their tickets, so you're not alone.

9. I am at the rehearsals and it is beginning to get bigger than Ben Hur! It looks and feels very good. The whole thing is sold out completely so unless you are clutching tickets or are on a promise, you will find it hard to get in.

Lots of good gear, big screens, CVRT, 1/2 tracks, MLRS and lots of bands and music. And 650 blokes on parade, 6000 in the audience.

I will look fwd to the DVD. It will be on the TV tomorrow night, BBC and ITV.

10. What time?

The closest I can find is Dads Army on BBC2 tomorrow

11. msr

msr LE

Some people are going to be very disappointed when they turn up at their local TAC...

msr

12. Nope looked at all the schedules on t'internet cant find it antwhere, reality cop things, people with wierd diseases and that BB sh*te no problems TA 100 whats that? Glad I've got a ticket for me and mine. the only way they are going to see it.

13. I shall be there as well, I’ll be the one in the stands with the ARRSE tie :D

14. Guess you're working in the TA100 Project Office then

15. i am here too just got back from rehearsals on Horse Guards hallowed turf.

an amusing moment when the Guards RSM called for the Boer war contingent. it confused the hell out of us until a group of cadets appeared sprinting onto the parade. The RSMs face was a sight to behold.

it does look very impressive. good turnout already with a lot more to come in the early hours.

i'll be marshalling tomorrow and i'll be looking out for ARRSE badges and ties. if i spot any i'll know where the hipflasks are being hidden :lol: