TA 100...its not looking good

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by MrTracey, Feb 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Better than expected though surely?

2. It wasn't due to be launched for a couplke of weeks?!?

3. Hummm… there are no web pages to be found under “events” “tickets” or “contract us”.

They cant event be bothered to produce a working web site :x

4. And has not - only one bl00dy page works the home page and the TA mod website link - give me strength nothing is better than something buggered up and not working! - what imporession does that give??

To whom it may concern - get it off, get it right and launch it properly! :)

Cheers

5. Maybe the web designer has run out of MTD's - It's evidently been done on the cheap!

6. Can someone tell me why the TA 100 parade is being held during the week, and not during a weekend (when 99% of TA are off thier normal jobs and able to parade) therefore meaning yet another day's holiday to be taken by the Army.

I may be lucky this year, and be able to get one 2 week holiday (non Army) and a long weekend. The rest of my leave will go on poxy things like this, organised by the fekkin Regs who want to go home and see the missus during the weekend so make us fek our lives up by organising crap like this on weekedays and then sending out a 3 line whip to man the cnuting things!!!

I will get off my soapbox now before I fall off!!!

7. FFS they can't even get that right and this is out in the public domain :evil: :evil: :evil: Really creates a right impression.

Or does it only work a weekends

8. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Not sure where you are, but the main Kent and Surrey TA 100 parades are both held on Saturdays. And the Aldershot Army Show in July which also has a TA100 theme is also over a weekend.

9. I have been told it is a Thursday.....

10. What a bag of shite.

11. This doesn't look like the official site (if there is one) which I assume would use the TA 100 logo etc.

Time for a little detective work! The domain name registration is:

Domain name:
    ta100.org.uk

Registrant:
    Alan Dobson

Trading as:
    Up Close Promotions Limited

Registrant type:
    UK Individual

Registrant's address:
    39 Cochrane Park Avenue
    Newcastle
    Tyne and Wear
    NE7 7JU
    GB

Registrar:
    Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = FASTHOSTS]
    URL: www.fasthosts.co.uk

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 23-Jun-2007
    Renewal date: 23-Jun-2009

Up Close Promotions www.upclosepromotions.co.uk claim to have the TA and Sabre as clients and to be organising a TA100 military tattoo at Durham Castle.

So, sort of official.

12. Lets hope no one turns up and the throbber who or organised it gets a rifting.
    I know I have better things to do than parade on a Thursday… such as my day job :roll:

13. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

TA 100 isn't just one parade, so I'm not entirely sure what the "it" is that you are referring to. The national TA pagent is on 21 June - a Saturday. And as I said above, in the South East the major events are at weekends.