T2 Redundancy

I've heard its been delayed because too many people are trying to jump ship from this monstrosity of a cake and arse party
Or you could go with the conspiracy theory that if they had announced T2 redundancies when originally planned they would not be able to support the 5000 military personnel needed for the 2012 Olympics.

You know where you heard it first!!

This Tribe

Sponsor
Sponsor
I'd heard that there is only sufficient money to pay for the original number of people who were going to be made redundant in T2. Following the recent anouncement that numbers would be increased there is something of a financial black hole ......

It has been delayed until the New Year because they have just added another 7500 people to the cuts. Tranche 2 and 3 will now reflect this

I saw a DIN that came out earlier this week that surreptitiously laid the groundwork for further tranches.

I note that the big buzz this week around APC is that there will now be 9 tranches of redundancy, not 4; and stretching out to 2020. No wonder redundancy payments are only guaranteed to the first couple of them...

Somewhere, there's lots of SO2s and civil servants, crunching lots of numbers, checking exactly how thin they can slice the pie!

I saw a DIN that came out earlier this week that surreptitiously laid the groundwork for further tranches.

I note that the big buzz this week around APC is that there will now be 9 tranches of redundancy, not 4; and stretching out to 2020. No wonder redundancy payments are only guaranteed to the first couple of them...

Somewhere, there's lots of SO2s and civil servants, crunching lots of numbers, checking exactly how thin they can slice the pie!
Can you expand on this at all; is it actually being discussed?! Is it legal?

There was a DIN that gave detailed info for Tranche 1 such as 'if your run out date is before xx 20xx' you will not be considered - can anyone remeber the dates? I wonder if they will be the same for T2 - I only ask because if I got slammed on T2 I would be out 2 months short of 2 years into a new rank so might not get the pension (I have some acting time that might fill the gap - will get the professionals on that if and when)

R

really?_fascinating

My understanding is that the intial plan to do trnche 2 very close to tranche 1 hit one massive hurdle - we could not afford it in year! So tranche 2 payouts will now be in the following financial year, requiring the Army to move the dates to the right.

Letters out on Jan 17 Foe T2 i heard today, also rumour is that Anyone is targeted if in the trade bracket, ie i thought if you only had 3 years left you would be left alone no matter what trade etc, hearing now that you could get hit no matter how long left.

Hopefully just rumour, anyone confirm.?????

Latest Threads