T2 Redundancy

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Redundancy Scheme 2010' started by Quinn, Aug 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have any idea when the details of who is eligible to apply for T2 redundancy will be announced?

2. They're firing the Terminator?

3. DIB 71/11 Will give you the info that is available at the moment

4. i cant find any info on it

5. I believe it has been delayed until the new year.

6. Tr2 DIN should appear sometime in Feb 12.

7. I've heard its been delayed because too many people are trying to jump ship from this monstrosity of a cake and arse party

• Like Like x 1
  8. Or you could go with the conspiracy theory that if they had announced T2 redundancies when originally planned they would not be able to support the 5000 military personnel needed for the 2012 Olympics.

You know where you heard it first!!

9. This Tribe

This Tribe Sponsor

I'd heard that there is only sufficient money to pay for the original number of people who were going to be made redundant in T2. Following the recent anouncement that numbers would be increased there is something of a financial black hole ......

10. It has been delayed until the New Year because they have just added another 7500 people to the cuts. Tranche 2 and 3 will now reflect this

11. Why would a larger number of volunteers affect the tranches?

12. I saw a DIN that came out earlier this week that surreptitiously laid the groundwork for further tranches.

I note that the big buzz this week around APC is that there will now be 9 tranches of redundancy, not 4; and stretching out to 2020. No wonder redundancy payments are only guaranteed to the first couple of them...

Somewhere, there's lots of SO2s and civil servants, crunching lots of numbers, checking exactly how thin they can slice the pie!

13. Isn't the redundancy payouts set according to TACOS/AFFPS?

14. Can you expand on this at all; is it actually being discussed?! Is it legal?

15. Yes, indeed I do.